May 06, 2024, 01:06:37 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

54H timing change?

Started by TOMCENTRAL, January 05, 2009, 10:14:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOMCENTRAL

I think the original timing of the 54 was 19/39  43/15.Now its 16/42  43/15.What if you advanced the timing +4 for a 103 build?20/38  47/11??Regards,Tom

Don D

Nah I wouldn't
JMHO FWIW
You would be better off ALL THINGS CONSIDERED (stock heads, TB) to put a high ratio rocker on the intake only of a 37H. It's about lobe centers, LSA, and TDC lift.

Arrowsmit

Tom, I don't think the TW54 #'s have changed. Here's the specs I got from Dewey just before Andrews released em:

TIMING     DURATION       LIFT        TDC LIFT           SPRING TRAVEL

16/42            238            .555            .165                       .615             
43/15            238            .555            .158                       .615       

VicW.

kbiforce

Dewey, what rocker arm and what ratio do you recommend? Is the exhaust side of the 37 okay left alone?

Don D

1.725 would be fine and then the gross lift would be in the .540 neighborhood.
R&R sells broken sets.

Faast Ed

Tom & Vic, If I recall correctly, when the 54's were about to be released there were some bogus numbers going around (possibly posted on their website wrong the first time), but the numbers Vic posted were the only "accurate" ones on that cam set-up.
≡Faast Ed>

TOMCENTRAL

Quote from: Faast Ed on January 05, 2009, 03:58:55 PM
Tom & Vic, If I recall correctly, when the 54's were about to be released there were some bogus numbers going around (possibly posted on their website wrong the first time), but the numbers Vic posted were the only "accurate" ones on that cam set-up.
Thanks,Tom