April 27, 2024, 01:18:24 AM

News:

Passing/Auxiliary lamps install

Started by apes, January 05, 2009, 12:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apes

I picked up a pair of 35 watt auxiliary lamps ( part #68208 98A ) for my Ultra and when installing then I noticed that the old take offs have 2 wires one of which is a ground attached to the housing and the other goes to the power.  The new 35w lamps only have a single wire but they came with a kit ( 68208-98A-SUBA)that has an assortment of female plugs, 4 crimp type connectors, shrink tubing and a section of wire, the shop manual has no reference to this.  I don't recall needing to do anything different when I installed a similar on my Heritage kit years ago.    Where does the ground wire plug into on the new lights and what is the accessory kit for? Thanks for your help
chris

thunderalley3

Apes,
I think these are the lights with the rubber boot on the back of the lamp. Pull the rubber back a little around the center of the bulb and you should find the spade for the ground.

If not let me know and I will pull the instruction sheets.

Loose

apes

Okay, I pulled the rubber where the single white wire exits the boot and there appears to be a spade that is more or less cast in to the lamp housing.  Since the ground wire on the bike already has a female end it appears that the accessory packet of tubing etc will now become an addition to the junk in my tool box. thanks for your help,
Chris