May 06, 2024, 03:44:28 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Question on the easy pull clutch setups ??

Started by itsafatboy, January 05, 2009, 01:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsafatboy

On those easy pull clutch things that you bolt to the existing ramp setup , do they end up giving you more clutch cable play that you have to adjust out?

also what is a good one out there to use,  i see them made by , Burly , drag , bk rider they all look the same

IBARider

All I know is that they increase the radius on the ramp, which requires less torque, hence easier.  This increased radius also reduces the amount of rotation of ramp, which reduces clutch rod travel.  Kinda sounds like less to adjust out.  In fact, you might want to go to minimum free play to make up for lost clutch rod travel.
It slid 112 feet and I had no road rash

itsafatboy

ya probably would go to min freeplay, but from the picture it extends the arm out so in doing this seems like less cable would be in the end cover so inturn that extra cable would have to be adjusted out. and if i am at the high side of threads on the adjuster i guess it might not work out very well. unless i got a different cable. 

Sonny S.

did you use the spacer between the cable and tranny side cover ?

PoorUB

Quote from: itsafatboy on January 05, 2009, 01:55:45 PM
On those easy pull clutch things that you bolt to the existing ramp setup , do they end up giving you more clutch cable play that you have to adjust out?

also what is a good one out there to use,  i see them made by , Burly , drag , bk rider they all look the same

What year bike? Why not use the OEM ramps that come stock on the '06 and up?
I put an SE clutch spring in my '05 and added the new style ramps. The lever pulls easier than it did with the original ramps and clutch spring.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Kevin

I have the Muller with the SE spring

Butter!
107" by Hyperformance
R&R St. 5 heads
R&R 615's & cam plate R&R roller rocker

wifesdriver

I have used both the Burly and the newer HD ramps. At least 2 or 3 of each.  Both did the job well. Both cost about the same around $25 iirc.
I did not have any issues with cable length or adjustments on the Burly units. Nor any issues with clutch release or engagement. All I installed had OEM cables.

autoworker

A suggestion on adjusting.
If the service manual calls for 1/2 to 1 full turn after seating the balls with the set screw adjuster on the clutch side,set it between 5/8 and 1/2 turn.
This will help with disengagement.
It must be true,I read it on the internet.