May 06, 2024, 11:42:12 AM

News:

maxx compression/CCP

Started by dadawg, January 05, 2009, 03:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dadawg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what is the maxx cold cranking pressure/compression i can run ?
live in alabama and i almost always have access to 93 octane . im looking at a 103 bb for my 07 electraglide along with a andrews 54h cam .
im trying to figure out what my maxx compression i can run without compression releases ?
also what is the maxx compression i can run with a good tune without pinging IF i get compression releases?
2007 eglide classic
pc3/k&n 3910 filter/modified rush slipons from fuelmotousa

ICANTD55

To be a safe bet I would think around 185 ccp. Over 190 may be pushing it on some bikes without releases and stock starter. JMHO.
RICK , MA

Kleetus

DaDawg,

I've had my ccp set at 185 psi for 5 years. I had some pinging issues but was able to tune it out with a DDT and a laptop PC. However, My stock/OEM starter didn't like it and turned over slow until it eventually stripped the starter clutch.  :down: I installed a 1.4KW starter and that was good for 2.5 years until one day it toasted itself for no reason. Smelled like burned plastic. I think it was a Terry Components starter.  :crook:  I also stripped the OEM 102 tooth ring gear while using the 1.4kw starter. :sink:.  I have since gone back to the OEM starter with a new starter clutch and 84 tooth ring gear conversion. The OEM starter still doesn't like the compression and I have to bump it usually once to get a good start. What a pain! I think it would be smart to install compression releases just to be safe and save your starter and components.
I have a friend with a similar 95" build but his ccp is 175 and he hasn't had any of my starting issues and runs just as good. His heads might flow better but other than that they are very similar.

Kleetus

Sonny S.

Kleetus,

What cams are you running and what is squish set at ?

Kleetus

Sonny,
I'm running Andrews 26G's .030" squish with 82cc heads. I'm preparing a new build to freshen things up a bit. Should be interesting.

Kleetus

1sg