April 27, 2024, 10:28:26 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

PANHEADS FOREVER........

Started by ModelABob, October 31, 2008, 08:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Motoguy47 and 82 Guests are viewing this topic.

ModelABob

To Ride, Shoot Straight & Speak the Truth.....  J. Cooper

Trip

tic tic tic tic tic tic tic tic tic tic tic tic tic  ..............yep..she,s runnin!! ;)

ModelABob

Trip,

Are you referring to lifter tic?  I've got solides in my Pan and they make a little bit
more noise then "tic", "tic", "tic"! :o I never adjust them anyway..... heck that's why I
got straight pipes. :P

AMF/Ride Safe ;)

mark61

Pictures!  Give us Pictures!

mark61

ModelABob

mark61,

Sometime soon I'll ask the Camp Commendant ('ol lady) if she'll take a pic or two
of the "Phantom".  Yeah, that's what I call my Pan.  At least when she is running
and look'n good.  Actually it is a 1965/75 Panhead Super-Duper Glide.  If and when
I post pics you'll see what I mean.  Short bio:  she is a recovered stolen, looked like
a POS and nobody wanted her.:'(  I helped reserect her soul, prettied her up and ever
since she has let me take care of and ride her.  :)

AMF/Ride Safe ;)

mark61

I just had a guy I know tell me he finally is willing to sell his pan. A '51 motor-case original was a 61 incher but now 74- in a "61 frame with "adjustable trees", 4 speed tranny. Known the bike and the boy since they were both basket cases 20 years or more ago. Looks like a super glide now with a small fairing up front. Asking $8,500......might be I finally get that Panhead I wanted since I was 17  soon!

mark61

Trip

Those adjustable trees are off a sidecar rig....slightly dangerous to...

mark61

Quote from: Trip on November 01, 2008, 08:13:25 PM
Those adjustable trees are off a sidecar rig....slightly dangerous to...

Yeah  I know.  Right now he has a non adjustable bottom on it. Still using the bolt on top tree.

mark61

Trip

Nice find on the triple tree tho..they,re worth a couple bucks these days...

shovelmonster76

I got the coolest OL in the world. My buddy just rebuilt a 60 Pan Shov and acted like he didn't wanna sell. OL told me today Merry Christmas go get your motor.Now I need tranny frame and Pan heads. Killer winter project and still ridin the 80. :up:  :beer: :up: :beer: :up: :beer:
Watch out for those Alligators

04customking

She does sound pretty cool. You're a lucky man.
Jim  '54 FL Pan. '04 RK Custom