April 27, 2024, 05:34:17 AM

News:

02 Bike in closed loop?

Started by Coyote, June 15, 2011, 07:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coyote

June 15, 2011, 07:34:09 PM Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 10:21:23 AM by Coyote
Since I'm not getting an email reply from Steve on this   :crook:   (Thanks for the phone call Steve, appreciate the info,  :up: )

Can an 02 bike be converted to run closed loop using a TTS MT as the tuner? If so, what's needed to do the upgrade or is it just not worth the hassle?

Thanks.

mayor

are you asking as in an '02 bike?  no, not without a great deal of work and parts.  The stock ECM is not capable until '05. 
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

Coyote

Yes, a 2002 bike. Thanks Mike.

mayor

Eventhough MT TTS can't be used, there are closed loop options out there for '02's.  You just have to give up the stock ecm.  I'm running my '02 in closed loop with a Tmax, and there's a couple others that offer similar systems.  :nix:

hrdtail78

I would think this is possible if you are willing to spend the money on a newer ECM.  The rest of the parts you need that is called out in the TTS manual is around $120.
Semper Fi

mayor

there's some other hardware issues as well (speedo, and supporting wiring harness), which makes the cost of the conversion to the -05 ecm quite expensive.  I looked into this for my '02 and decided that the cost was not worth the benefit (besides, I have 100% closed loop capabilities now  :teeth: ).   

Roadhawg

I wanted to do this to my 02RK but never found out exactly what needed to be changed other than ecm & wiring in 02 sensors. Must be much more to it than that.

mayor

the -05 ECM does not comunicate to the speedo in the same manner as the prior Delphi systems.  This means that you need a '04-'06 wiring harness, a '04-'06 speedo, and the -05 ECM with supporting hardware, plus the TTS software.  It did not make sense to me to convert, since I'm happy with the closed loop capabilities of the T-max and the only reason I wanted to switch was to get the benefit of the speed density timing tables. 

Coyote

This would only have made sense if it were a simple flash/add sensors upgrade. Thanks again for the info.  :up: