May 02, 2024, 08:01:37 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Custom Harley Davidson 1982-FLH

Started by FSG, January 05, 2009, 11:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FSG

January 05, 2009, 11:42:25 PM Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 11:44:40 PM by Fatboy_SirGarfield
Although I have my eye on a pre ADR (1972) Shovel, what do you think of this FLH on Oz eBay ?

76shuvlinoff

It shows a lot of work and a lot of money invested and I don't know about prices on that side of the world but $17,900 is a lot of money for it  IMHO.

Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

Old Crow

Whheeee dogies, that's a purty motorcycle!
With the exchange rate it's at $12.7k US. Not too outrageous if it runs like it looks.
Wouldn't be that clean for long if I owned it.
This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickock.

billbuilds

FSG,
    I think that it's fairly cool but there are some things that really turn me off. I'll start with the inflated price. The rear fender "bra" don't do it either. Lots of attention to detail so why do the rear directional wires hang out there? The rear brake line looks kinda fubbish where it  crosses over the rear axle nut and wraps around the back of the caliper. Picky, picky. Woulda been nice to mention what all went into the engine rebuild. This is not a restoration it's a customization.
    Seventy-two is a real cool year with the front disc brake and rear drum. If you can buy one of them right... That's my two beans. Bill
Anybody who tries to tell you that the press is the enemy of the people is just that.

easyricer

That sure is a good looking bike. I too thought the turn sigs looked a bit chinky. If it's worth it to you, go for it.
EASY
Just ride the damned thing!

jerite

It does look nice. A bit much for my taste but I am a less is more type of guy. If I had $12k to spend and money was not an object I would buy it(actually if I had 12 k to spend freely on a bike I would look for an old knuckle or early pan to go through) But since I am a blue-collar-working-stiff-married-with-kids- and love to ride old shovels, I search to find a shovel for $5k, do all but the motorwork myself and have a simple but cool looking sled like I am workin' on now in my "molested shovel" post. I will end up having about $6k +/-. Therefore I establish a relationship with her and I have an affair everytime I go out to the garage. My $.02 worth.
Jer
Less is more....let's keep it simple!

JamLazyAss

What do I think about it... ?

First things first, like the others mentioned, the price. It's way too much for that bike, as it is for most Shovelhead's.
Second, assuming the price is ok with me the buyer, I look to see what I can live with, and what I can't.
So the first thing to go are those exhaust pipes. They are BFU. Next is that red chain. Wow.
Then the red wheels and the gangster white walls. Not cool.
At that point I could ride the rest of the year before personalizing the entire scooter.

All in all, it's a nice ride but customized to someone else's taste.

That's my .02

How about some info on the 72   :pop:
I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

stroker800

Must have a crazy exchange rate over there or a real shrtage of bikes...Find one in Canada and I'll help arrange shipping,  my company has stuff goin to OZ every now and then...I could get you a new bike for that..or sell you one of mine.
Dave

HV

Man thats a sweet bike... damn close to my 83
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

Jusbo48

To much flash an glitter for my taste but have to admit, someone went to a lot of trouble workin on that bike

verson22

Sold! for the buy it now price, guess someone liked it.

mite5255

Superheat9

Its one sweet looking ride but I will stay with my 82FLTC. You can't beat the five speed gear box.