May 01, 2024, 05:08:29 PM

News:

softail oil tank

Started by -JC-1, June 18, 2011, 11:36:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-JC-1

June 18, 2011, 11:36:58 AM Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 11:47:40 AM by -JC-1
02 softail- is there a weekend hack alternative to the "oil line removing tool part #HD 44455" ?
I'm in the early stages of replacing the starter clutch, and have hit a small roadblock

tia

joe

(I'm the weekend hack   :smile: )

nevermind- ac disconnect tool- found it
04 FLHT-S&S 124-Baisley-640ez-xxx super g-IST-02-FXST 103 NRA Patron SAF Life

rbabos

Quote from: -JC-1 on June 18, 2011, 11:36:58 AM
02 softail- is there a weekend hack alternative to the "oil line removing tool part #HD 44455" ?
I'm in the early stages of replacing the starter clutch, and have hit a small roadblock

tia

joe

(I'm the weekend hack   :smile: )

nevermind- ac disconnect tool- found it
Don't know if the 02 is much different than the 07 but all I do is push the two outer tabs together and pull the line off with all the plastic attached. Opposite for reinstall.
Should this not be your case, auto supply shops carry these plastic removing tools for ac, fuel applications and will work just as well.
Ron

codyshop

Get yourself the "Sharkbite" plumbing fixture removal tool for 1/2" lines from Ace Hardware.   Less than two bucks and works like a charm.   

RevFastEddy

Harbor freight.. a couple bucks.. Remember to replace the Orings.. Lows or Ace hardware will work.. Use a Qtip to clean out the oil tank sockets and remember to grease them up with the new Orings when you put it back together.. If you get the hang of it you dont even need the plastic tool.
SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
Vietnam 67-68, Red Beach

RevFastEddy

One more thing.. Go to the dealer and get one of those pre bent 90d oil hose for the bottom of the tank to the supply tube.. They always get screwed and if you dont change it, it will probably leak and it is a PITA to switch out when you have a full oil tank..
SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
Vietnam 67-68, Red Beach

-JC-1

04 FLHT-S&S 124-Baisley-640ez-xxx super g-IST-02-FXST 103 NRA Patron SAF Life