May 02, 2024, 05:00:27 AM

News:

knuckleheads

Started by monty101, January 06, 2009, 09:11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

monty101

anybody know what it would take to install knuckleheads on a shovelhead?? I don't even know if the bolt pattern is the same or if I would need outside oiling or returns. If possible if the bolt pattern is the same how would you plumb it?? Lots of questions......

triumphbruce

from reading on the knuck page bolt pattern is different.
lots of other problems to overcome.same with shovel heads on
pans.anything can be done just cost and engineering.

gryphon

Shovelheads on Pans is pretty much a straight across swap as long as you swap out the barrels too. Knuckleheads on a Shovel doesn't sound so easy though.

monty101

well I guess I'll ditch that idea... buddy has some knuckle heads but I just realized I have a cone motor and they would look completely out of place on a cone motor....

dsvracer

putting knuckle heads on a shovel is just a cylinder and head swap. you would use the overhead oil nipple for the shovel to oil the top end. you have to custom make the feed line to the rocker boxes. The cam could be interesting but not a major issue. I think it would look cool with knuck on a cone motor.  dsv

ricochet

I would say it's possible given a lot of thought and more parts that it would be worth.  If your friend has a good set of heads and the price is right I would scoff them up right now.  Knuckle heads are probably the most unique and difficult parts to obtain when creating a knuckle engine especially if they are nice, unmolested and all together.  From there you can build up a nice engine kinda working in reverse.

ricochet