May 09, 2024, 03:12:57 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Hello from exfed12825 in NW PA

Started by exfed12825, June 25, 2011, 05:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exfed12825

Just got the Go Ahead to introduce myself, so here goes. I'm a 60 year old retired US Postal worker and have a small custom and paint shop out in the middle of nowhere. Don't do much work in the shop, but that's OK because I am retired. I'm in the process of trying to get a Salvage License and intend to buy wrecked Harley's and sell the parts on the internet. I have a 2002 Electra Glide that I chopped, stretched, raked, and built a half frame to run a 260 x 18 rear tire, I did a lot of other work on it also And I'll post an album soon. It was featured in the Feb 2011 edition of American Bagger under the header Electra Glide Outstanding, Some people like it and some don't but I'm OK with that too, I built it for me, not for anyone else. I also just picked up a 1984 FXWG Shovel that I intend to do a little custom work on but think I'll keep it pretty close to stock.
  I'll probably hang out for awhile do a little research and learn something. I've read the book but can always use more information from people who have been there and done that.
  Thanks for having me.
Motorcycle...Motorcycle...Motorcycle...
                  Crap still here

JamLazyAss

Exfed,
Welcome aboard!

But claify something for me:

"Just got the Go Ahead to introduce myself, so here goes"

Who gave ya the nod?  :scratch:
I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

Panzer

Sounds like his better half or girl friend.....maybe both. :nix:
Welcome anyway.
We also have some craftsmen painters on the board as well.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

FSG

JAM he's probably referring to the email he received saying his account with HTT had been approved and required activation.

Exfed, welcome aboard, enjoy.  You'll find a lot of book amendments here.   :wink:

mayor

welcome to the site, from another land of Quacker native.  What county in NW PA?  I'm down near the M&D line, just at the east edge of the western side mountains.   
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

War Horse

Brother Fed, I see ya got here, so a big welcome to you.... :bike:

I shot you an email earlier, never mind, I got my answeres... :pop:
A clear conscience is the sign of a fuzzy memory

exfed12825

Quote from: mayor on June 25, 2011, 07:53:21 PM
welcome to the site, from another land of Quacker native.  What county in NW PA?  I'm down near the M&D line, just at the east edge of the western side mountains.

I'm 23 miles south of Nowhere ( Erie ) and 100 miles from Somewhere ( Cleveland, Buffalo, Pittsburg ) and live on the road less traveled ( about 1 car goes passed every 2 hours ) The only thing that finds me out here is SNOW and thats 2 gross (288 inches of it  :hyst: )
                  Crap still here

exfed12825

Quote from: War Horse on June 26, 2011, 03:03:32 AM
Brother Fed, I see ya got here, so a big welcome to you.... :bike:

I shot you an email earlier, never mind, I got my answeres... :pop:

Hey Pup, I didn't think they would ever let me post. Thought maybe my reputation  :argue: got here before me :hyst:
                  Crap still here

War Horse

Hey Pup, I didn't think they would ever let me post. Thought maybe my reputation  :argue: got here before me :hyst:
[/quote]

Well they let me in, but cant seem to get my patch-in for the "Shed", I tell ya we belong there.... :scratch: Guess I gotta bring more beer and grub, its a wiley bunch in there.... :beer: :pop: :potstir: :soda:
A clear conscience is the sign of a fuzzy memory

mayor

Quote from: exfed12825 on June 26, 2011, 04:58:07 AM
I'm 23 miles south of Nowhere ( Erie ) and 100 miles from Somewhere ( Cleveland, Buffalo, Pittsburg ) and live on the road less traveled ( about 1 car goes passed every 2 hours )
I've done some fishing up there, how close to Conneaut  and Pymatuning are you?
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

exfed12825

Quote from: mayor on June 26, 2011, 06:04:20 AM
Quote from: exfed12825 on June 26, 2011, 04:58:07 AM
I'm 23 miles south of Nowhere ( Erie ) and 100 miles from Somewhere ( Cleveland, Buffalo, Pittsburg ) and live on the road less traveled ( about 1 car goes passed every 2 hours )
I've done some fishing up there, how close to Conneaut  and Pymatuning are you?

About a half hour from each.
                  Crap still here