May 09, 2024, 07:14:03 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

'08 Cruise Control Limit

Started by IBARider, January 06, 2009, 02:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IBARider

Hi,  Is there anything out there to bump up the 85 mph limit on cruise control.  Whether it's reprogramming or cheating the module.  I don't want to change the speed sensor signal either, unless that has no impact on odometer.

I had to slow down to 85 this morning to engage cruise so I could put my freezing fingers on rocker cover...
It slid 112 feet and I had no road rash

OFBagger

Been talk about it for many years, no one has come up with a reasonable way

PoorUB

I have not tried it, but some have said you can set it at 85, and them "bump" it up a few MPH.

And start to get ready for all the replies from people that think that 85 is too Fast!
(Where did the "beating the dead horse" incon go?!)
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

FSG

The same thing question came up last year, I did some drawings and posted them on how to do it.  I'll dig them out and post from home tonight.  Essentially you'll need to use either a SnS or Dakota Digital Speed Calibrator (DD prefered) and wire it in so that it only changes (reduces) the speed signal for the cruise control, the Speedo/Odometer are left unchanged.

IBARider

Thank you Sir!

And yes, I agree, 85 is too fast.... for city streets.  hahahaha

65 is too fast too.  That's the speed I ran into a Ford pickup that pulled out in front of me last year, city street.  That's why I have an '08 now.

I've tried slowing down but found that quitting smoking, drinking, drugging, sexing, etc. was much easier.

MrClean

This song just seemed to be appropriate.

"Speedball" by Ray Stevens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRzYcahVi3c 
These are the facts according to my opinions.

IBARider

Bump.

And I was looking at diagrams for '08 flhtc.  I do not see where to wire anything.  The speed sensor goes to ecm only.  Serial data goes from ecm to speedo, tach, and radio. 

Do you still have those diagrams Sir?  Thanks......... Mike

FSG

Quote from: IBARider on January 12, 2009, 12:47:57 PM
Bump.

And I was looking at diagrams for '08 flhtc.  I do not see where to wire anything.  The speed sensor goes to ecm only.  Serial data goes from ecm to speedo, tach, and radio. 

Do you still have those diagrams Sir?  Thanks......... Mike

Mike it looks like I've lost them with the pic account where I posted them.  It really wasn't all that difficult to draw and if you really need them I can devout some time over the weekend.

rgd's