May 02, 2024, 08:08:46 AM

News:

CV to shovelhead

Started by hrdtail78, January 06, 2009, 03:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hrdtail78

Is there a manifold out there for this?  I have seen and used the adapters.  Wondering if there was a straight push on adapter.
Semper Fi

Ultrashovel

Mikuni makes a manifold out of reiinforced rubber for the CV to a Shovelhead. They tend to break down though. There are flanges available on eBay from time to time that press onto the stub on the back of the carb. body. That's the best way to do it.

jerite

I concur...I have found them ebay as well.
Jer
Less is more....let's keep it simple!

Bumpy1959

Quote from: hrdtail78 on January 06, 2009, 03:28:09 PM
Is there a manifold out there for this?  I have seen and used the adapters.  Wondering if there was a straight push on adapter.

I just adapted a CV to my Pan/shovel. I was going to buy the flange offered on eBay when I decided to search through my old parts box. I had an old Del O'rto carb in the box from a build in the mid 80's and low and behold the manifold was a perfect fit from the intakes to the new CV carb!
Hopefully you could find one.

Good Luck!
Bumpy

76shuvlinoff

Put a 1996 cv on mine last summer with the solid adaptor off ebay, no regrets here.
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

Jusbo48

I put a cv on mine last year also, used the solid adapter as well from Ebay, worked great, nice and solid.

v10ole

I had Ron Trock set me up. He worked his magic to my CV