May 04, 2024, 01:53:38 AM

News:

08 Ultra Classic Idle and Top End

Started by 02rk59, January 06, 2009, 06:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

02rk59

OK...another question for somebody else's bike...LOL!  My brother has an '08 Ultra with Kuryakyn true duals, Kuryakyn open air cleaner and and Fuel Pak.  Recently he's had a problem with a fast idle and around 2/3 throttle, if he cranks down, seems like it hits a wall.........any thoughts?

harleyjt

If you are saying it idles too high, he probably needs to do a reset.  With the kill switch in the on position, cycle the ignition switch off/on 4 times pausing several seconds in each position. This resets the computer. and it will idle properly. I have to do this on mine about once a day.  There is a software update available that the dealer can install.   As far as the other issue, have no idea.  Would assume it is some kind of electronic throttle issue.  He should have the dealer look it over and check for codes.  The reset proceedure above may even take care of that too.
jt
2017 Ultra Classic - Mysterious Red/Velocity Red

IBARider

I rarely reset my idle.  if it's real high, like 1500 or something, I roll the throttle forward and that brings it down.

As far as hitting the wall.  i do know with a load on engine, lugging it or not enough rpm's... same thing, the ecm will not allow the throttle to open all the way.  (Gee, i wonder why I can't get this thing to ping.)  Anyways, if you wanna get on it, have the rpm's up... like you would normally... I hope.
It slid 112 feet and I had no road rash