May 02, 2024, 04:46:06 AM

News:

S&S flywheel question

Started by LilBill, January 06, 2009, 11:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilBill

do S&S flywheels use standard tapered (oem) shafts ? i have a nice set of 4 1/4 wheels and rods i'd like to use in my bastard genny shovel motor and i need to put a 70-71 sprocket shaft and a 69 pinion shaft in them so i  want to know what to look for.

stroker800

Could you list the # on the fly wheel for us ,makes it easier to find info,,the last 4 could be....3slx...with out the # can,t look up the wheel and match to chart.
Dave

massheadcase1

They use their own and you have to get them from Jim's.....Headcase

LilBill

the wheels are stamped F1463-5L and the rods are 7001 and 7002 respectively. it has a nosecone style pinion shaft and the sprocket shaft is splined and measures 4" from the flywheel face to the end of the shaft.
the cases are '70 left side and '67 right side.
soooooooo............ what make/model shafts do i need to put this puppy together and hook it to a 'lektrik start 4spd ratchet trans ?

stroker800

From the #s you posted,,I can only identify the following ,,,4 1/4 stroke,,year 55-71,,the sprocket shaft is stock HD,,,,,pinion shaft is stock HD and it takes a 41-81 crank pin....I'm not what shaft you need to get lectric start,,,,,hope some of this helps.
Dave

LilBill

thanks dave, that helps a bunch. i was really worried i'd have to use S$S shafts.