May 04, 2024, 12:42:46 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Pipes and pushrods??

Started by sandrooney, January 07, 2009, 03:49:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandrooney

Anybody have experience with Cobra PowerPro 2 into 1's ? Whats the difference between adj. and timesaver or easy install pushrods? Will eithier keep you from having to remove rocker box? Are Crane's good, they say they won't rub. Are there any other reasons to use adj. other than ease?
Thanks for your help,
SR
Patience is such a waste of time .

jazzman713

i have been told that s/e are the BEST and strongest by many people

smoserx1

Can't help you with the pipe question, but "timesaver", "easy install", and similar labeled pushrods are designed to be installed and removed without the need to remove the rocker boxes.  I have heard there are some pushrods, that even though are adjustable, will still only install through the top, like fixed length rods, because they have a very limited adjustment range.  Aside from the ease of installation and removal (for the type that don't require rocker removal), there other reasons to use adjustable rods.  Some non-stock heads have different heights, so fixed length rods won't fit.  Some non stock cams have different base circles, so fixed length rods won't fit.  And some folks have found they were able to make the valve train quieter by altering the preload on the lifter, something only doable with adjustable rods.  And finally, if anyone uses real solid lifters, adjustable pushrods provide a means of adjusting valve lash.  The disadvantages are they can have more mass, less stiffness, can rub against the tubes because they are fatter, and the adjustment can theoretically come loose (although this is rare).  Hope this helps.

sharkoilfield

On the builds my friends and I have done we use SE correct fit pushrods (non-adjustable) You have to know what you're doing to figure out which ones to use; but I like them for the reasons smoserx1 stated at the end of his post...also; the cams we've been using (HQ) have the same base circle as stock so the only thing we're really compensating for is how much the heads have been decked.

WVULTRA

sand:

No experience with the Cobra pipe, but I just installed a set of the new SE 18404-08 Premium Quick-Install Pushrods, and did not have to remove the rocker covers.

They are 24TPI, and went in without a hitch.  Appeared to be very high quality; probably made by Jim's USA.

:up:
'07 ULTRA, AXTELL 107"/BAISLEY SS HEADS/HPI 48/DARKHORSE CRANK/RINEHART TDs/TTS