May 07, 2024, 10:33:01 PM

News:

3year project

Started by river dog, January 07, 2009, 10:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

river dog

January 07, 2009, 10:30:40 AM Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 12:05:21 PM by Fatboy_SirGarfield
I have been working on this project for over 3years , Looks like it may get done this year.
There is also a side car that is still in the paint shop.  More pics. to follow.

nubs77

Very Nice!! Where did you get that frame?
F**K IT

JamLazyAss

RD,

What a sweet looking scooter!
Did you do the fab work? Nice to see something a little different.

You get my vote for the Bike Of The Week award.  :up: :up:
I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

seattledyna

very nice!!!

its refreshing to see something a bit different!!

Panzer

Both the bike and shop are nice.....CLEAN.
If you drop a tool, you can find it.  LOL
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

truck

Real nice and a sidecar too! Can't wait to see the finished product. Old school just got a new definition.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

4DWUDS

Looks Great, finally something without a rear tire wider than the handlebars and handlebars that dont need to be lowered to ride it into the garage.
To Err is human, To Forgive Divine. Neither of which is Marine Corps Policy.

mark61

Looks good! I have long wanted to build a JD replica with a Brigs & Stratton motor. Even know a guy who would let me messure and copy his JD.   Then along came the internet and HTT and now mostly I admire other people's work when I aint out riding.....Please post more pixs!

mark61

hdpegscraper

Hum... Is that a 100in S&S Sportster motor I spy? Details, Details.

Clintster

Board Racer Retro?  What do you call the bike, styling inspirations. what doe the sidecar look like?
Drive fast, take chances

HDRDR

Beautiful :up:

I like the looks, but it seems like to much power for the frame and tire's. But what a nice looking bike! It's a very sweet thing :smile:

Al

CraigArizona85248

That's beautiful!  Great combination of old style and new technology.  You did a great job.

Also can't wait to see a picture with the sidecar.

-Craig

70weight

Great piece of work. Probably the best example I have seen of combining the retro look with modern technology. Can't wait to see it with the side hack.
Can't drink all day if ya don't start in the mornings.

still_on2_wheels

soo...ahem.....whats under the CVO cover in the corner?  :wink:

Jeff
Shiney side up please.

Rusty Steel

That’s one sweet ride, a conversation piece.
If it ain't broke... Fix it until it is.

river dog

January 08, 2009, 10:35:38 AM #15 Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 10:59:10 AM by river dog
The bike Frame, side car frame and side body came from Arlen Ness. The Motor is a 96 Sportster 883 that was boared to 1200 and I used Buell Thunder storm heads and pistons . I made the oil tank, Rear Fender , Side car fender, Handle bars , Side car rear bumper, Motor pulley cover , Exhaust as well as a lot of the smaller parts . The gas tank was made by Don Hotop as were a lot of the other parts . Don has done the final assembly as well as guided me every step of the way in building this bike . Don built one like this for Drags a few years back .  So would you call this a chopper? most of the parts that were bought were cut up and redone.//   

seattledyna

someone else said "retro board tracker"  I think that sounds about right!

I really do like the exhaust, gives it a nice early bike look!

river dog

Retro Board Tracker I like that . I wish I could find out how many of these frames Arlen made.  That exhaust was a bitch to make .   

neale

Chopper?......definetly not, custom, yes. Very nicely done too! 

garynj

I would just call it beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!Fantastic looking ride,can`t wait to see it with the hack! Gary

seattledyna

ya know, the more i look at that project, the more i see a magazine article and photo layout in its future!

Ultrashovel

January 08, 2009, 02:51:42 PM #21 Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 08:45:06 AM by Ultrashovel
Very nice. Just don't hit any bumps, LOL. Nice neat work. I love the color, too.

I see you bought the best in a lift, too. I have a Handy, too. It appears that you did a section on the end to lengthen it. I bought the section from Handy that adds 13" to the front of the lift  but yours looks fine too.

Nice work. What sort of sidecar do you have?

river dog

Check out this one on E-Bay . E-Bay # 160308451003  it has the side car on it and has a big twin motor. This is the same side car that is with mine.