May 04, 2024, 12:48:35 AM

News:

Jim's and Fueling Products

Started by dgv, January 07, 2009, 04:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgv

Any suggestions on best place to buy Jim's and Fueling valve train part's? Any advice is appreciated, thanks

xzo124

I used a Jims 113 back in 02 had problems got the run around for about 45 days,so I dont do anything Jims anymore .go straight to feuling Allen there will fix you up. feulingparts.com.    xzo

Clintster

Ronnie did they make good on your camchest? Sorry for the side note.
Drive fast, take chances

Fast Copperhead

Don't mean to hijack this post but I was wondering if Ronnie also had a set of Feuling lifters that were defective and wiped out everthing in the cam chest. I did and Feuling replaced everthing. Allon is the contact that I had also.
Copperhead

tomp

I bought Jims pushrods - only lasted 12k miles as the tips were too soft and were egg shaped at 12k inspection

They wouldn't stand behind the part because they stopped making the specific part number

I bought the SE 6-speed tanny - only lasted 11K miles because the inner main gear bearing walked, caused the gear to break and the bearing desintegrated and hardened roller bearings were sent throguh all the tranny gears taking large chunks off the teeth. It is a known issue turns out. In fact, the new HD 6-speeds have a spacer in between the two main gear bearings to keep them from walking and prevent this problem from occuring. They would not stand behind this either

so they wont get my $ anymore. Jims sucks in my opinion and I will not ever ever buy anything from them again. I have never had an S&S part with a problem and even if I did, I am sure they would at least stand behind their product.

tomp

Oh, as far as fueling goes - these guys rock and are awesome. Their products and support are some of the best in the business!

xzo124

Copperhead...    Yes, I had a set of their lifters go bad, but I caught them before they did to much damage.  They replaced everything inside the cam chest.  Real good people, I was scared to use another set of their lifters, went back together with a new set of  B  lifters.  70 degrees here today , got to get out and do some wheelies.... Later,  Ronnie.