May 01, 2024, 11:22:36 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Just an idea

Started by Little Al, January 07, 2009, 07:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Little Al

Hey all,

in another thread I kinda got off the track of the thread but it gave me an idea.

Many times over the years I've wanted to meet some of the guys from HTT while on a trip but never made any real attempt to actually do it. There are quite a few guys that I'd really enjoy shooting the breeze with over a beer (or shot or both!) or even a cup of coffee. it would give me a chance also to thank some people in person for their invaluable help. anyway, here's my idea:

one of the administrators (Craig here on Pan?) could pin a thread up on top sorta like the "show your pan" one and when someone is going on a trip (say, at least a few hundred from home) that would like to meet up with some guys along the way, they could post something of a route and/or itinerary and then guys that are interested in meeting as someone passes through their area those guys could work out the details with an exchange of email or phone calls.

I think it'd be damn interesting to meet so many of you and it'd be great to see your bikes in person.

so, what do you guys think?

Little Al
(in New York City) 
Little Al

CraigArizona85248

I think Ray's suggestion works best.  The General board is the best location because it gets the widest coverage of all the boards.  Anyone who wants to do this should feel free to let folks know where they will be traveling.

I had the extreme pleasure of having Ray stop by for a visit back in the summer of 2007.  I enjoyed his visit immensely.  Unfotunately I had the panhead on the table lift and torn down into about a million pieces.  He caught me in the middle of my last rebuild and up to my elbows in grease.  At least I had my Evo backup so we could take a short ride to get lunch and visit for the afternoon.

-Craig

Little Al

January 07, 2009, 09:23:30 PM #2 Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 09:31:18 PM by Little Al
Craig, i guess I was just thinking too much "Pan" and not enough "bike" lol

I'll go along with the general board thing. Obviously it worked.

btw, just how far are you from Tempe? I'm riding out there with the OL this late spring to visit her son at his college
Little Al

CraigArizona85248

I'm just a stones throw from Tempe.  Definitely let me know when you'll be out here.  You can send me email through the site here.  4DWUDS and I are always looking for an excuse to throw together a meet & greet. 

-Craig

4DWUDS

I did a 8600 mile trip last summer from Phoenix - New York - Miami - back to Phoenix with a lot of trying to get lost in between. Meet up with a few of the members of this board and some from other boards. What a great time, Stay a night with a member( for free with beer, I love that part :smilep: :beer:) Spent some nights camping out along the way(paid for the beer :emsad:) and had a great 2 months on the road. As mentioned, the general board is the place to post and I am sure you will not have to spend 1 night alone in some fleabag motel (unless your into that kinda thing  :smileo:) AND will have the time of your life. I am going to do it again this summer, Maybe take the long way to N.Y. (via Seattle)
To Err is human, To Forgive Divine. Neither of which is Marine Corps Policy.