May 07, 2024, 09:20:04 PM

News:

NW guys

Started by seattledyna, January 07, 2009, 08:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seattledyna

How are you NW guys doing up there with all the recent rain, evacuations, flooding, avalanches, etc?

I hope you area all staying high n dry and out of the flood zones!

http://www.king5.com/

Baggerlady

Ok here in the Salem, OR area. WA is getting hit pretty hard though. At least a lot of areas knew this would happen and are preparing for it, moving to higher ground and sandbagging. And winter has only started. :emsad: :rose:

seattledyna

well, my oldest daughter just called and said her street in downtown Puyallup is being evactuated, her apartment is on the top floor though, so if anything does happen at least her things will be ok.

02roadcling

Pretty sucky here in Bellingham/Ferndale area. There is 1 house and a short low field between me and the Nooksack River. They sandbag every couple years but the 2 or 3 feet difference keeps me safe. If I had a boat I could launch and cruise up to Mt Baker or out to the bay.

cling
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

aquaman

The areas by the rivers are getting hit hard.  Orting is being evacuated.  Snoqualmie is putting sandbags out to save the downtown area.  We really got it bad with all the snow followed by warm weather and rain.  All passes are closed due to avalanche warnings and they say that I-5 might get closed below Olympia.  Local weather guys say it is on track to be a record flood. Only thing missing is a plague of locusts.   
Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggie' until you find a rock.
Will Rogers

aquaman

Cling - let me know if you need anything.
Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggie' until you find a rock.
Will Rogers

02roadcling

Thanks aquaman. How about a drink of water?
Naw seriously, everything in my world is cool except all this snow and rain is slowing down my business  :angry:

On the same note let me know if I can help, anybody anywhere.

cling
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

texaskatfish

Man oh MAN yall!

I watch the Weather Channel (aka 'old folks MTV) all day every day............when they start measuring rainfall in FEET it's time to hunt for a hole on high ground!

*kneemail* that yall make it through this all ok are on the way....................
Katfish  Vice President   Cypress Chapter BACA
RIP Jester http://bacaworld.org/

nwrvman

I live on Lea Hill in Auburn, my home is safe obviously, but I drive by Green River everyday on my way to work, I tell you it's about to spill out of its banks, but it hasn't yet.
I feel so bad about the folks close to flooding rivers loosing their propreties and such.

Tollbooth

On the same note let me know if I can help, anybody anywhere.

02; As long as you were nice enough to ask. Can you send me a sandbag full of $100's
Thanks in advance
Tollbooth.

Panzer

Knee mail on the way from Penna.........I hope it helps
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

02roadcling

Sure, here is a bill for $100 for heat, here is another bill for $100 for sleeping pills.
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

seattledyna

02roadcling

10 hour high tide.... we are in the middle of also.  :emsad:
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

CndUltra88

Glad to hear most people are keeping thier feet dry still.
Hopefully the rain subside ( whishfull thinking ) and melt the snow slow....
Im safe here on the island where I live as the dyking system and pumping stations are in great shape.
But come Spring wehn the snow melts further up the Fraser River ( Northern BC )
Then it might be another story.
Stay Dry and Stay Safe
Rob
Infantryman Terry Street
End of Tour April,4,2008 Panjwayi district Afghanistan

:sink:        im in sumner wa , if it keeps raining like it has been for the last couple of days, which the weather man says its going to do , its going to get worse, but then the weather man is,nt always on the money, so hope for the best. going to work is a pain, a couple of roads i take are flooded or closed ,  :sink:                                       

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]