May 08, 2024, 10:11:48 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Mustang Road King Seat

Started by theRAVE06, January 08, 2009, 04:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theRAVE06

Anyone have experience with seat #79100 as opposed to seat # 75466. I have the 75466 on the bike now and I need to get lower. Mustang claims the 79100 will drop me down about 2'' because the back rest is mounted to the seat and not to the fender. Before I spend $600+ ,I'd like to hear some first hand comment's. I allready have the bike lowered 3/4'' and need to get my feet flatter on the ground.
  Thank's, Dave

02GhostRiderVA

I previously owned the Mustang One-piece touring seat (75464).  It raised me approx. 2" higher and forward as compared to the stock RK seat.  I then purchased the seat you referenced, two piece touring seat, which I still own today (3-4 years later).  Mustang's claim was correct, as I now sit further back and lower, very similar to the stock seat position.  Hope this helps.
Regards, Carlos
Stafford, VA
'02 Road King Classic

starrider

January 08, 2009, 09:41:38 AM #2 Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 09:50:01 AM by Starrider
I would replace your stock seat with a stock two-up stock classic rk seat (used ebay?) and take it to a seat shop and have them narrow the nose and rebuild and adjusted perfect to you.

I like the two up seat over the solo seat...because IMO...it displaces the seat weight over a wider area ...whereas the solo  bolts two into the back fender.

Once your feet are off the ground and going...it doesn't matter how high or low the seat is...however at stop...the narrowed nose will help.

Mrbill7788

I  have that seat on my R K works great , one thing!! it set me back in the seat so far i had to change the bars....Bill........

theRAVE06

Thank's for the reply's.
  Dave