May 04, 2024, 11:35:20 PM

News:

Why me?

Started by truck, January 08, 2009, 12:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

truck

I've been tracking the number of jurors that they want to report for three weeks. The number never went over 180. I am number 247 so i am thinking I am going to be OK. Wrong!
For my date they want up to #318. :cry:
There is a case in there now that has been going on for four months! That's like a lifetime to us old guys.
My house to the court house in Philly = 1 1/2 hour drive without rush hour traffic.
Sux to be me. :crook:
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

Coyote

Quote from: trück on February 13, 2009, 05:43:24 PM
I've been tracking the number of jurors that they want to report for three weeks. The number never went over 180. I am number 247 so i am thinking I am going to be OK. Wrong!
There is a case in there now that has been going on for four months! That's like a lifetime to us old guys.
My house to the court house in Philly = 1 1/2 hour drive without rush hour traffic.

Tell em you have to go do this instead...

truck

Quote from: Coyote on February 13, 2009, 05:49:49 PM
Quote from: trück on February 13, 2009, 05:43:24 PM

Tell em you have to go do this instead...

If only I could do that.

apendejo

When you get called up to the court room and end up in the box as one of the potential jurors just remember,while being subjected to to voir doir by the prosecutor and defense attorneys be precise, succint, and avoid verbosity, got that? Also if the prosecutor is a hot danish broad like the one I had at my last jury duty be sure to spend plenty of time scoping her up and down and stare at her tits when you answer her questions. :hyst:
When I try to get on a jury I have never been picked, but when I have tried to act like a 'tard to get out of it I always get picked.
Remember, it's your civic duty :gob: :hyst:
AP

truck

For me it is more like a death sentence having to do jury duty than a thing to look foreword to.

deltafarmer

I know it is a hassel, but we need good juriors. Most times only the scum serve.  To much good blood as been shed throught out our history for us not to do our civic duty.  Look at it this way, what type of jury would you want to decide your case.

truck

Certainly not a jury that has someone like me in it.

1JITSU1

Hay Truck show up with your bike and leathers  :idea:

Coyote

Chaps with no jeans gets me out of it every time.  :hyst:

1JITSU1

Hay Coyote this is seres business  :hyst:

truck

Quote from: Coyote on February 13, 2009, 07:38:15 PM
Chaps with no jeans gets me out of it every time. 

It's gonna be in the upper twenties when I have to be there, so that is not an option. :crook:

1JITSU1

Mr. Truck you are going to have to be a good
American and hang them s o b  :gob:

truck

Guilty!!!!
If you being tried, you are guilty, most of the time anyway.
I am very judgemental.

codyshop

Quote from: trück on January 08, 2009, 12:40:04 PM

It looks like they've summoned an HD dealership.  I thought a history of rape, theft and fraud makes one ineligable for jury duty.  :hyst:  Ray

Panzer

February 14, 2009, 06:23:52 AM #39 Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 06:28:00 AM by Panzer
Good point Cody.
Make up your mind Mr. Truck..........is it a Harley dealer or is it you going to court?
If it's you, head to Canada.
HV will put you up for a few months.
Think about cosmetic surgery before you come back to the USA, it might just be an improvement.  :hyst:

Mr. Truck?........where did that come from??
We're getting kinda formal here, arn't we?
  :dgust:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

tireater

After what i found out about our justice system...I DARE them to put me on a jury...
Why do cops lie so much they had to give it a term...Why do most cops cheat disability to retire...?
Ride it...Break it...Fix it...Repeat...

Diggs223

just got done with ten days on a grand jury. while it was a pain dealing with work, parking and such. it was interesting. got to see how it really works compared to all the tv shows. in the ten days we heard over thirty different cases and a grand jury can ask the witness questions,  which i think is a lot more interesting than a jury trial on one case.
" I can't " .... means, I don't want to.

apes

I got called in once and the case was a biker who was DUI and was giving the cop crap.  I told the court that my wife was predisposed to alcohol and frankly I had little patience for those who endanger my life by drinking while driving ......my rant went on non dtop for about 5 or so minutes, and infact the defendant leaned forward to see who was trashing him and the judge stopped me mid sentence and dismissed me.  I am a fireman and now I call the court and volunteer so as to get it overwith when it is convenient for ME.  If everyone with a job got out of jury duty all that would be left would be the unemployed and those without anything else to do.....not a jury I would like to hear my case.......unfortunately  being unemployed these days doesn't mean the same it did a few years ago...

retyddone

I was on a federal case about 25 years ago. It was bad as I was injured and off work. About a week before I was to go back to work got picked for a trial and it lasted 5 months. It was slavery cass in Ann Arbor MI.
Now if they call I tell them if you arrested them they are guilty!!!!

Haven,t been on a jury sence then.

Tuna
When you turn on your bike
Does it return the favor?
Tuna
When you turn on your bike
Does it return the favor

04glide

I don't want to tell you what I do with those when they come in the mail. I will say the envelope never gets opened. It's not out of lack of wanting to do my civil duty but more in that I have had more jury duty then one man should ever have to face in a lifetime.

Fxstchewy

Wear a RED shirt, chew tobacco and have a NRA belt buckle.............. :teeth:
"I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can have the change."

Sc00ter

Quote from: trück on January 08, 2009, 12:40:04 PM

How can I avoid this other than dying?

hehe....there's one sure way.....you can be on the other side of the room - dressed in a bright orange suit wearing shiny silver bracelets!   :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

Diggs223

Quote from: 04glide on February 14, 2009, 12:43:54 PM
I don't want to tell you what I do with those when they come in the mail. I will say the envelope never gets opened. It's not out of lack of wanting to do my civil duty but more in that I have had more jury duty then one man should ever have to face in a lifetime.

i sure hope I'm done for a while. this was the third time I've been called in seven yrs. And in between I've been subpoenaed twice for lawsuits at work.
" I can't " .... means, I don't want to.

HDRDR

Quote from: 04glide on February 14, 2009, 12:43:54 PM

Return to sender?  :smile:

apendejo

For those who doubt there is a hell, there is, it's called the courthouse.
Even tho I have spent my fair share of time roaming the halls there for different reasons I cannot imagine having to be in that friggin place day after day, year after year. So few with so much power over peoples lives.
AP