May 09, 2024, 08:43:38 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Thunder Beach Rally?

Started by Skullfork, January 08, 2009, 05:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullfork

What's your take on the Thunder Beach Rally in Panama City? Anyone been to it?  I just recently heard about it and I'm looking for somewhere else to go this spring instead of Myrtle ...

shovelmonster76

My neighbor goes every year, he says its nice. Not as rowdy or crowded as Daytona. I haven't been, had to work.
Watch out for those Alligators

fattyboy3

Went to the fall rally ,excellant weather and multiple venues. We will make it to the spring rally also this year. Everybody seemed well behaved for such a large crowd. You will enjoy yourself for sure.

Skeet

Went last year instead of going to Biketoberfest Daytona. Had fun stayed next to the Sandpiper which was one of the main venues for nightly entertainment. I missed the Daytona trip because there was much more senic riding and more places to go. Was more tame at Panama so if that is what you are looking for I don't think you will be disapointed.
2009 FLTR SE3

garlow3

We Go every year to both Spring and fall rally. Spring Rally is by far the best!
I know some will disagree, but We also made Biketoberfest in the Fall and have no plans to make a return. Too much law for me! seems like they were on every intersection. Panama City is Biker frendly! We usually make a week of it and stay at Pensacola Beach for a couple of days before heading on to Rally. Lots of Entertainment, Pretty women and cold beer.  OH! Many many hot bikes too!

Hope you have Fun!

WWW.thunderbeachproduction.com

They have an email news letter and some information on Rooms. I would make a reservation at least a month ahead!

rdkng

I basically 'ditto' the posts above.  To me its a smaller Daytona Biketoberfest.
I guess the main difference is PC doesnt have the motorcycle 'industry infrastructure',
but the beach is nicer.
rdkng     
Happy Motoring, Road King George

ULTRADOG

good time ive been there twice and will be there again this year i have some brothers that go every year they talked me into it and we had a ball even the popo was nicer
HAVE A GOOD TIME ITS LATER THAN YOU THINK

Skullfork

January 09, 2009, 12:30:51 PM #7 Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 01:30:29 PM by Evil-Eagle
Thanks for the replies! Sounds like a place I'd like to go to and it'll be a nice ride down from Ohio.  So I'm definitely leaning towards Panama this year ...

shovelmonster76

Most important part....you can drink on the beach....legally. :smiled:

Skullfork

Any good hotel recommendations on the beach?

shovelmonster76

Tons of condos for rent with private parking.

fattyboy3

Holiday inn sun spree resort, across from a venue, on beach great view, parking security, priced right. my .02 :beer:  :up: