May 08, 2024, 11:27:08 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

HTT OLD SITE, CAN'T WE READ THREADS ANYMORE HELP ?????

Started by ClassicRider2002, January 09, 2009, 08:56:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClassicRider2002

Ok.....I am confused I thought the OLD HTT WEBSITE was going to be available to read from UNTIL FEBRUARY of this year? ? ? ? ?

WHAT GIVES?

Is this not the case? ? ? ?

MIGHTY MOUSE CAM
LOW END TORQUE JUNKIE 2

Coyote

DGlide04

Coyote

Quote from: DGlide04 on January 09, 2009, 09:06:10 AM
Was the content from the old site saved somewhere?

I believe FSG has most or all of it saved.

Sonny S.

Quote from: ClassicRider2002 on January 09, 2009, 08:56:10 AM
Ok.....I am confused I thought the OLD HTT WEBSITE was going to be available to read from UNTIL FEBRUARY of this year? ? ? ? ?

WHAT GIVES?

Is this not the case? ? ? ?

Yeah Feb. is what I recall hearing  :cry:

Jeffd

Sad to see it gone.  I know some did not like the layout of the old site but I sure liked it and to think of wisdom that had been shared over the years :cry:

ClassicRider2002

What is FSG?
~~has most or all of it saved.

WHAT'S UP WITH HAVING IT GONE when it was stated as FEBRURARY? ? ? ? ?

HOW DO YOU FIND "FSG" and how do you use it.....

GEEZ
MIGHTY MOUSE CAM
LOW END TORQUE JUNKIE 2

76shuvlinoff

FSG is one of our administrators, FSG is just easier to type than Fatboy SirGarfield. 
He is certainly one of the more advanced technophiles in management.

I just sweep the floors......   :embarrassed:
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

Reddog74usa

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

02roadcling

You tell em classic, but try to keep it less than 3 pages, lol.
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

texaskatfish

Nostalgia notwithstanding..............................GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!!!!

My only regret is we never found the MSN person responsible for sorry a$$ed refresh rate so we could stake him to a fire ant hill!!!

I'm betting FB Sir G has a BUNCH if not ALL the MSN goodies well saved............
Katfish  Vice President   Cypress Chapter BACA
RIP Jester http://bacaworld.org/

HIPPO

You want all the members private data transferred to a teeny bopper social site like Multiply?

Didn't think so.

Coyote

Quote from: HIPPO on January 09, 2009, 08:53:59 PM
You want all the members private data transferred to a teeny bopper social site like Multiply?

Didn't think so.

Yeah, just asked those that move there and registered......

Coyote

January 09, 2009, 09:09:28 PM #13 Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 09:11:24 PM by Coyote
Quote from: ClassicRider2002 on January 09, 2009, 04:10:44 PM
What is FSG?
~~has most or all of it saved.

WHAT'S UP WITH HAVING IT GONE when it was stated as FEBRURARY? ? ? ? ?

HOW DO YOU FIND "FSG" and how do you use it.....

GEEZ

Classic,

FSG is one of the good guys... You don't even want to go here... especially SHOUTING and all.... 'nuff said. 

Mike52

Quote from: ClassicRider2002 on January 09, 2009, 08:56:10 AM

Yeah, you're confused all right, what you failed to understand is that MSN was going to end the site in Feb, but HTT management had the ability to end it when they decided it was time.  The honor of 'pulling the plug' was given to one of HTT's longest standing members and founding fathers, a very deserving finale and farewell.  :sad:

Mike
Mike52   Tampa Bay,FL
www.harleytechtalk.net

ClassicRider2002

January 09, 2009, 11:16:46 PM #15 Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 11:22:25 PM by ClassicRider2002
I believe FSG has most or all of it saved.  ~~~Coyote

First of all when this was shared above, I THOUGHT "FSG" was a website.....I didn't know Coyote was referring to Fatboy SirGarfield.....
I know who Fatboy SirGarfield is and I wasn't YELLING AT HIM....so before someone claims I was ask me first don't assume....

".......FSG is one of our administrators, FSG is just easier to type than Fatboy SirGarfield.  He is certainly one of the more advanced technophiles in management........"  ~~~ 76shovelinoff

I agree he is definitely....and he has always been quite helpful to me as well....and thanks for the "FSG" explaination....

Coyote~~~

"..........Classic, FSG is one of the good guys... You don't even want to go here... especially SHOUTING and all.... 'nuff said.  ..........."

Coyote~~~~

We have actually had quite a bit of communication, so first of all I am disappointed that you would "assume" I was "YELLING" at anyone.....let alone assuming that I even understood what "FSG" is or was.....like I just said, I thought you were referring to a "WEBSITE" when you mentioned "FSB".......some people use "Caps" for "emphasis" not as a manner of "yelling".....

Just to be clear I don't yell on this website, never have, and certainly haven't here......if your unsure of my motives always feel free to send me a private message....

Anyway.....3 days ago I infact sent Fatboy Sirgarfield a private message about this very topic before creating this THREAD but hadn't heard from him as of yet, perhaps he is too burried to answer private messages right now.....

Finally..... "..........Yeah, you're confused all right, what you failed to understand is that MSN was going to end the site in Feb,but HTT management had the ability to end it when they decided it was time.  The honor of 'pulling the plug' was given to one of HTT's longest standing members and founding fathers, a very deserving finale and farewell..........."

Actually I wasn't at all confused.....as when I first found out the website was ceasing at MSN I asked how long the information was going to be available to view and was told that MSN was going to end the site in Februrary.   

It SUCKS that what was originally communicated was not honored, especially since it was manidated by the "HTT Management" I for one, had not completed saving some of the OLD THREADS I was interested in keeping and felt I had until the end of January to accomplish what I wanted to save......but whatever......shaking my head.....

If I am able to work with Fatboy Sirgarfield to retrieve those OLD "THREADS" I still have an interest in retrieving that would be great......

Regards,

"Classic"
MIGHTY MOUSE CAM
LOW END TORQUE JUNKIE 2

Coyote

Classic,

It's generally considered shouting when you type words in all caps (such as the post I quoted). That's what I was referring to. Sorry if I misunderstood your intent.  :tea:

Dennis The Menace

January 10, 2009, 07:20:50 AM #17 Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 07:23:20 AM by Dennis The Menace
Classic, fwiw I thought the old site content would be around until MSN shut the doors too.  I was looking for some content earlier in the week too and was surprised to find it down.

But, I also admit I dont read every post and thread on this site so am sure I missed the communciatin about it going down prior to Feb 09.  My bad.

But, FSG will help you get whatever you need.  He, like the other admins here, are great guys and go out of their way to help out.  So, dont feel helpless, FSG will come through for you.

And, again, thanks to the admins out there for this great site, and supporting us.  HTT seems to be better than ever, to me.    :beer:

menace

HV

The facts are...yes the old site is no longer up... BUT we do have a complete back up of it... and we are working on a way to make it avalible to any one who wants to check it out.... and as soon as its avalible a post will be made...
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

ClassicRider2002

HV~~

"......The facts are...yes the old site is no longer up... BUT we do have a complete back up of it... and we are working on a way to make it avalible to any one who wants to check it out.... and as soon as its avalible a post will be made........."

AN EMPHATIC:

THANK YOU !!!!!

not yelling.... :hyst:

Perhaps you will let me know within this post.....

......and by the way I like this format for the NEW HTT site much better......great job to all who continuiously work on this to keep it up and running for us all here.....  :up:

Regards,

"Classic"
MIGHTY MOUSE CAM
LOW END TORQUE JUNKIE 2