May 03, 2024, 10:52:51 AM

News:

helmet, what do you wear?

Started by jd8181, January 09, 2009, 11:31:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayzalot

I wear a half helmet when hot. It is a HJC and looks like a civil war cap. I wear a 3/4 helmet HJC with J&M headset. I love my to listen to music when not in traffic.  The nice thing about my ultra is if I get tired of listening to the OL there is a toggle where I can shut her off.  :wink:  I have a lot to protect so I always wear a helmet.  But freedom of choice is the way to go.  Then education on the benifits. Let those who ride decide.
"My life is based on a true story"

marc

kevinj

BJaxn

I have an ACC w/leather ear flaps. I bought it for a warm weather, but wear it year around.
I have 6 other helmets, but the ACC is the lightest, and most comfortable for my head shape.
My HJC is comfortable, but makes me feel like a bobblehead after the ACC.

Big Dan

I try not to wear one at all. I broke my neck a little over 10 years ago, and it morphed into degenerative disk disease. No fun, believe me on this.

Anyways, when I absolutely have to wear one I wear the lightest thing I can find/afford. I was wearing an HJC polo style half helmet until late last summer when my good friend Don (Cigpd4 on this and other boards) gave me an HJC carbon fiber half helmet. He had ordered it, and it didn't fit him. It fit me like a glove, and he gave it to me. Wouldn't hear of taking any money for it. I was (and still am) slightly flabbergasted. But, I guess that's just Don. It'd be damned hard to find a better guy, much less a better friend.
Never follow the Hippo into the water.

crazy joe

Big Dan   friends like that are hard to find.

Scooterfish

I`m in northern Indiana and go to Michigan alot. I always wear a helment in my old age.

Vega XTS half for summer, small but DOT rated

HD half with zip on ear muffs for cool weather

HJC  cl33 with shied   nice 3/4 helment  for cold
Northern Indiana

PoorUB

Quote from: sandrooney on January 10, 2009, 02:34:22 AM
If you have a $10.00 head were a $10.00 helmet. If you are going to wear one it might as well be a good one.
SR

With the life insurance I have I am probably worth more dead than alive. Which helmet should I wear?
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Panzer

Big Dan,
I guess this is worth repeating.........talking of friendship.

"Friendship is like peeing your pants, only you can feel the true warmth".
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

HDSlowride

Harley half helmet in the summertime or 45 degrees and up. About the most comfortable helmet I've ever had. I just wish they made a longer visor for it than the little short one that is on it. Doesn't keep the evening sun out of my eyes too well.

Wintertime, I've got an ARAI full face. Can't beat a full face in the rain or sleet.
'07 Ultra Classic

rad3766

98 FLHTPI Miss Suzy HOG, AMA, IBA, PGR

someday69

there's a site that tests gloves/helmets,,and other stuff,,,I've read it many times....I'm sure someone has done the same...

02roadcling

02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

76shuvlinoff

Non dot beanie for 5 years till I finally caught a ticket for it last summer. Then the cheapest dot lid I could find was a 1/2 Vega. Hate the pressure on my neck and the mushroom look but it works and it got the ticket canceled.  I want to check out a dot carbon fiber one of this days.

Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

RK101

Vega half helmet for everyday use
HJC 3/4 helmet for road trips and cold weather.(Optional snap on face shield.)
HJC full faced helmet for when the weather is real cold. (couple times a year)
Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H

Emptypockets

I bought one that almost fits. My freakin head is a size 8. I like a half helmet but it was really hard to find one that size that fit. Everybodys head is a different shape. Once I found one that was roughly the right size I had to get inside the liner and carve some of the foam out from the front where the helmet meets my forehead. Then I ripped the plastic vent things off the front of it. I didn't like the zip in ear flap deal so I ripped that stuff out. So now I'm legal but I feel like I'm riding around with a half a watermelon on my head. Who sells big helmets?---  Emptypockets

freewayferg

Vintage Buco ,only one I used for 30 years.
I am not stupid, unless I'm just too dumb to know it

Flat Dog

Panzer

Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

psycho

for my daily comute, i wear a simpson full face, complete with scala fm   radio bluetooth phone.. around town and for short weekend rides i wear from carbonfiberhelmets.com. i have had this helmet for a while and love it. great customer service also..but on the long ride my simpson makes life so much nicer, no dirty face sunburn , cold. worn out etc.....

Tsani

Super Seer. Been wearing them for a long long time.
ᏣᎳᎩ ᎤᏕᏅ ᎠᏴ ᎠᎩᎸᏗ ᏔᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᏂᏐᏈᎵ
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

jimrookie

I have a ZOX flip up full face for 50 and below and a Indian half helmet from J&P
for better weather

eglideic

A Vintage Harley Club or Riders Hat.

drgn*95

KBC modular. I like being able to flip it up while riding or if looking for something in my bags, or whatever. The half lid sits on the shelf, even in summer. Good fit for my head.

JamLazyAss

Black, extra large to protect my gord   :beer:
I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...