May 07, 2024, 10:20:35 PM

News:

Westleys Bleche White

Started by stro1965, January 09, 2009, 12:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stro1965

Is this stuff safe if it gets on my newly powdercoated wheels?  Just reading the label makes me wonder if it'll eat 'em!   Says to wear gloves and eye protection, use in ventilated area, etc... yikes!

ULTRADOG

you must be running wide whitewalls if not i wouldnt use it that bleach isnt good for anything on a bike
HAVE A GOOD TIME ITS LATER THAN YOU THINK

Bulit

I have WWW on the stock rims, so I don't know how that stuff works on powdercoat.
What I do is I hose down the tire, spray the Westleys onto a sponge that has a scrubing pad on it. Then I scrub a small area until it's clean and hose it down. I do this until I'm done then wash the rest of the bike.

stro1965

So, what I gather is that I just need to apply it sparingly, as opposed to dousing down the tires (and subsequently the wheels) and letting it soak.  I can handle that.

This is my first experience with WWW and I'm not sure what to expect.  I know they will require frequent cleaning but I love the look when they are clean!

odotb

My wife has the WW's on her RK. I tried a lot of things to get them clean, and what works for me is a 50/50 mix of water with Simple Green. I spray the mix, then scrub the WW's with a Mr. Clean magic eraser. They come really clean and the simple Green is supposed to be aluminum friendly.

JamLazyAss

Back when I ran WWW's, I used a Brillo Pad on them.
They came out much cleaner and brighter than Wesley's, AND IT'S SAFE    :tfhat:
I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

northbrun

I've been running wwws for bout 6 or 7 years now, and i've tried just about everything.. the best thing i've found to clean them up is a zep product called Formula 50.. heavy duty degreaser/cleaner... spray it on, soak a few min. and give a little scrub with a brass brush, or a 3m scrubby pad. they come out great. form50 will however..remove any wax on painted surfices, and leave a film on serfices. simple green, even though it doesnt work quite as well, won't leave the film that the form50 will. you'll just have to scrub a little more.