May 04, 2024, 12:14:55 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Another SE211 question

Started by biggzed, January 09, 2009, 01:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggzed

I have a good friend with an '08 SG. He's running Bassani Power Curve duals with a set of CFR slip-ons that have been modified with a baffle (apparently CFR does not use any baffle in these). He is also running a SEAC and a set of SE211's with a SERT.

The problem the bike is having starts around 2400 rpm. The thing just runs terrible. It will pull out of it above around 3000 or so and pull strong above that. The tuner at the shop has thrown the book at it and has finally resigned to telling him the mufflers are causing a reversion problem that cannot be fixed.

It should be noted he recently swapped a set of Rhinehart slip-ons for the CFR's. The bike ran great with the Rhineharts. but he loved the look and sound of those CFR's and got a set from a friend of his. This problem only appeared after the CFR's were installed.

After reading Bob's response about the 211's in another thread, I thought I would throw this out there for some feedback. My buddy would love to keep those CFR's if they can be tuned.

Any thoughts?

Zach