April 27, 2024, 09:59:26 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Help! 8/20/2011: MORE help with DTT settings please.

Started by 02roadcling, August 08, 2011, 07:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

02roadcling

So.... my AFR is still super lean at wide open so I'm going to a .210 main jet.
Tomorrow I'm going back for a tune.
Don, I can't get that map to open and I even downloaded ArcReader 10.

cling
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

mayor

Quote from: 02roadcling on September 13, 2011, 07:11:17 AM
Don, I can't get that map to open and I even downloaded ArcReader 10.
you have to open it with the DTT software.

here's what Don posted:

Don adjusted the timing to account for lower rpm roll-on's, while keeping the cruise timing high enough for efficiency.  The only way to get those is with a custom map, since the knobs just can't make it happen.

cling, can you post your dyno sheet? did you get the run files?
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

02roadcling

Thanks Mayor. I told the guy I wanted the winPep .drf run files just as you suggested. When I opened my thumb at home there were just the dyno run pics like he already printed for me. I'll scan it and post in a few minutes.

cling
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

02roadcling

9-10-2011

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

02roadcling

Well, I put in my new .210 jet and I had a .200 in there, not a .195 like I thought I had. I can still kind of remember that I didn't have my bifocals on that day and squinting.  :emsad: No big deal, just letting those know who are following this.

cling
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

Jeffd

I wonder if your pipe is the issue.  Not familiar with the TH can they get the sniffer all the way up.  I wonder if you are getting a false reading.  your numbers look in line otherwise.

mayor

yea, I was wondering that too.  Hopefully the dyno shop has some jets around, and will switch out the main if they see a power drop with the 210 main. 

CndUltra88

Quote from: Jeffd on September 14, 2011, 05:53:27 AM
I wonder if your pipe is the issue.  Not familiar with the TH can they get the sniffer all the way up.  I wonder if you are getting a false reading.  your numbers look in line otherwise.

The guys at Jarzz really are top notch!
Lee will get the sniffer in just the right spot, and he cant he will bore a hole in the header pipe ( where it is easily covered  by shields) and weld the hole up after as well.
Steve, you should have bought the cables with the DTT and you likely could be way ahead of from where you are right now.
It isnt about being thrifty (cheap) its about ease of use Dude !
Will watch your progress for amusement ;)
Rob
Infantryman Terry Street
End of Tour April,4,2008 Panjwayi district Afghanistan

02roadcling

Both tubes were shoved all the way in. You should have seen how fast the guy with the rag around his hand changed the tube back and forth on the ends coming out, lol.

cling
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

mayor

September 14, 2011, 08:01:21 AM #34 Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 06:43:56 PM by mayor
regardless of what the sniffed values reads, the engine output should determine whether the bike is happy.  If you loose power with the 210 main, then it's likely too big. My guess is the Jarzz tuners will follow that princapal as well.  Keep in mind though, you have a fairly broad window in regards to afr for max power though (around 12.8-13.8 ). Generally richer allows for longer sustained power since richer is cooler (meaning the bike can handle longer times at wide open...like during racing and such).  My guess is the 210 will be fine, but you won't know until the engine output gets tested.

mayor

CndUltra88

Well Mayor. I met cling at Jarzz today and he was grinning from ear to ear.
Did a quick ride down the Hwy 1 with him and then rode some back country to the Sumas border...
I wonder if they let him back into the country or they thought he was some sort of IA because he sure looked funny with that grin on his face.
Cling, where the hell are you, did they lock you up and not give you a phone call???
Rob
Infantryman Terry Street
End of Tour April,4,2008 Panjwayi district Afghanistan

mayor

yea, I got a text from him on the final numbers about 4 hours ago...real nice.   :up:  I thought we'd see the chart by now.   :teeth:

02roadcling

112.94 tq  :up: and 96.25 hp  :up:

Sorry guys, I ended up selling a car when I got back, then the new Survivor show and pizza :embarrassed:
Now I'm beat but will scan and post my info in the morning. I had an absolute blast during the whole ordeal and thankyou Rob for keeping me company!

cling
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

mayor

that's quite an improvement, congrats.   :up:  I'll be curious to see which made the biggest difference, the timing or the fuel.  I wouldn't doubt both.   :teeth:

02roadcling

We started at 3,3 and did the fuel first. We ended up installing a .220 main to get both cylinders evened out as best as possible. It is still lean at about 4000 rpm but I'm hoping the NOKK needle will cure that. If not then a KT1 or probably 2 will be needed. This bike was thirsty. The baffle tab bending and jet brought the tq up to 108 STD.
Then we started playing with the timing and ended up at 3,4 just as Lee the owner had suggested to me to start with.
The computer didn't register the run as a 3,4 but a previous run at 2,5 for some reason so that is why it is written over in ink pen.
All runs were in 5th gear.
Here is the STD run. I also have the SAE run but its in bitmap form and renaming it jpg didn't change it so its too big even tho I've resized it small.  :scratch:

cling, overall I'm  :teeth:

02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

Jeffd

mayor

that's a sweet looking curve!   :up:  congrats!    :beer:  no one can say that has a thunderheader dip in it.  :teeth: if you want, send me the SAE sheet and I'll adjust it so you can post. 

now that you have the bigger main, run that timing setting and see if you still get ping.  I'd also suggest waiting until after you install the NOKK to decide to remove timing anywhere. 

02roadcling

02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

mayor

here's the SAE version:

coverted jpg should also be attached below

02roadcling

02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

Overcamber

I'm following this as well..just curious did that larger main jet make all that difference in bringing your afr into line like that? trying to learn as quick as i can thx
Due to the rising cost of Ammunition a warning shot Won't be fired !

02roadcling

02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

mayor

Here's what 3, 4 looks like:

ok, now you know what your engine likes in wide open throttle timing (bottom two rows, with majority handled by the bottom row). 

what settings was the previous run done with?

02roadcling

They only tried about 4 settings and could tell which way to go from there. The fuel was done at 3,3. I can't remember what the other setting was but there was a 2,5 before the 3,4 was the winner. They only gave me the run files off the last run.

cling
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington