April 28, 2024, 05:07:26 AM

News:

Gray powder coat on 77-79 Low Riders

Started by Reddog74usa, August 13, 2011, 07:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reddog74usa

I'm lookin for a powder coater that can paint the rocker covers  and others on the 77 thru 79 low riders in the original gray color. Some can do a gray color but it's not the original shade of gray and that's what I'm lookin for as the bike is real close to original and that's what I want to do. Take it back to it's original condition.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

moosemush

Sumax has a color that is very close called Stardust Silver/Clear. It's the closest match that I've found. If you're doing all the covers it may be close enough for you, but if you had one stock rocker cover next to a Sumax coated one there would be a slight difference more noticable in the sun. I did my primary cover and it looks like stock as it's not close to any of the other painted parts. If you have one stock cover most good powdercoaters can custom match it at a considerable cost increase.

Reddog74usa

August 20, 2011, 10:33:47 AM #2 Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 10:38:55 AM by Reddog74usa
Moose I just checked the Sumax site and it would be cheaper to have Sumax do the job than what a powder coater could do it for as he said he would have to order a minimum of the color I wanted and just for the powder alone it was over 1400 bucks as it is not in the norm and would be a special order. Besides I think Sumax would do a better job as I have seen this guys work and it ain't all that good. I sent ya a PM
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT