May 09, 2024, 12:14:54 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

V&H H.O. pro pipe 2-1 O2 bungs

Started by timtoolman, August 14, 2011, 12:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timtoolman

August 14, 2011, 12:11:54 PM Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 12:17:04 PM by timtoolman
I tried the H.O 2-1 a few months ago and it just plain sucked! Low V.E's and reversion, flat spots you name it , it had it So I took it back off. After reading many different threads on here  O2 sensor depth and position and pipe design. I decide to give it another try. I got a inspection mirror and checked in side the pipe where the O2 sensors screwed in, I was shocked to see how much of the pipe shrouded the sensor and how deep the sensor need to go in further.  Front O2 bung was welded to the pipe wall  and the rear was welded in  through  the pipe. So I got a dremel with a long 4" grinding tool and removed a lot of metal around  both bungs and removed some pipe material in front of where the sensor would protrude through the pipe wall.  (It appeared someone used a punch to make the hole with metal protruding all around the pipe where bung was welded ) and removed 3/16" of material from each bung, Did the first vtune last night, what a day and night difference, One vtune and i have some VE"s in the 120 range already, No flat spots, cant hear the reversion although we all know it's still there.  Incredible on how as  stated in other threads  manufacturer's  just throw these thing together with no quality control or if they do their standards need to be raised quite a bit.  A bit thanks to rigid thumper and of course  the omnipotent Mayor for advising  what to do with this pipe to get it to run/tune much better.  The bike feels much better, maybe the 120/120  + ,   vice  118/118      will be attained easier this time :potstir:
Hillside 117 ,  2009 ultra
HTCS (AW/SW) USN RET.