April 28, 2024, 09:08:37 AM

News:

Stimulus Package?

Started by BrownsfaninMN, January 10, 2009, 02:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

verson22

The USofA is going to be having a civil war by the summer of 2010 according to that Russian guy so don't worry about the stimulus package.         The Mayans say the worlds ending in 2012 so it'll be a short war. :hyst:

96flhpi

LOL - The Mayans, the ancient Chinese, and some other group all have the world ending 12/21/12.  Is that what the Rush song meant :hyst:

HIPPO

The Mayans claimed the end of the world in 2012.

They had the trend right, but real lousy timing.

They died off a long time ago.

wholehog

Quote from: Big Dan on January 11, 2009, 05:30:27 AM
wayzalot,
A few years ago, New Balance shoes pledged to keep at least 25% of their manufacturing here in America. That doesn't sound like much, but it's a lot more than Nike, Reebok, etc were doing at the time. Perhaps still is. I believe that if people stopped buying other brands and bought New Balance, and made it known that they did so because of the USA manufacturing, the other brands would soon follow suit.

I buy shoes from them.....one pair had a problem and I complained even though they were nearly worn out....got a free new pair from them because they said that they didn't meet their quality standards....they got my business

apes

I suspect If the Govt would subcontract the border patrol I suspect that Blackwater International, the Blan and the Brotherhood could seal it up real quick up the borders

02roadcling

illegal getting arrested? The lady wearing the US Border Patrol jacket was holding her hand to her ear and watching across the street to the grocery store. She was close to a small grove of trees and I thought maybe it was for cover. Sure enough another bum walked over and handed her a bag of beers, lol. Then into the trees they went and I saw the shopping cart, backpacks, etc.

cling

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

hardonthemerch

Quote from: Big Dan on January 10, 2009, 04:40:05 AM
blk-betty,
The saddest part is, after your wife's employer does this, the rest of us will continue to buy from/do business with that comapny as if nothing at all happened. Our grandparents would have boycotted them and raised all kinds of hell. We, on the other hand, are not nearly as strong or as principled. We've done it to ourselves.

Ihaven't read all the posts yet - But when I got to this one, I had to stop and give my "I hear ya!" to Big Dan.

harborjohn

A couple hundred bucks isnt going to stimulate anything.  If the Gov really wants to stimulate the American Economy they need to give a one tax break on any(with a limit) american product. Im sure somebody might consider buying a GM/Ford product instead of a Jap/German/Korean product if they knew the whole purchase would be tax deductable.

Why is it that people only bitch about Asian products and not European products? Spending $100k on a Mercedes is a lot of american cash leaving the country.