May 08, 2024, 07:53:48 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

96 Sporty Engine - Trans w/ wasted front rod bearing

Started by Mark222, January 10, 2009, 06:13:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark222

What's it worth?  40K miles.  Top end dissaembled.  It was in my buddy's Sporty, we swapped an exchange engine in.  Now it is just sitting on my shop floor, somewhat in the way.

Any idea on what it will bring, what I should ask for it? 

Mark

14Frisco

Quote from: Mark222 on January 10, 2009, 06:13:26 AM
we swapped an exchange engine in

What kind of exchange engine was that and where did you get it from?
I may be doing a similar operation on my 93 XL in the future.

truck

An exchange engine where you don't give them your old motor? How does that work?
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

Mark222

Ok, I guess I should have chosen different words to describe what we did. Here goes:

My buddy bought a 2003 engine from a guy that pulled his motor to replace with a Buell motor he had gotten from a totaled Buell bike.  We used this to replace the 96 engine that had a wasted front rod bearing and he did not want to go to the expense of a complete rebuild on his 96.  He receiving a signed Bill of Sale for the used engine and is not worried about having all original numbers.  We "enchanged" the engine in his 96 frame with the 03 engine purchased from the 3rd party.  I guess swapped would have been a better choice for this post.

Confused no more I hope.

Mark

truck

Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.