April 26, 2024, 11:33:11 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

turn signals

Started by oldskool, August 19, 2011, 12:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldskool

left signal is not working! I have continuity from switch to blinker and it cuts out when I hit the switch and move probe to other wire in switch!I checked the other side on vdc 1 probe to blinker where bulb makes contact the other probe to ground on blinker and no vdc???

hdbikedoc

Keep your feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked

oldskool

the bike is a 1993 1200 sportster! haven't had any luck so far! I have continuity through the wire that goes through the fender and up to the switch!The only thing I've found is I do not get battery volts at turn signal with red probe on wire end that the bulb hit's in bulb socket? and blk probe on rivet in socket! I get battery volts on other side doing this!??????

hdbikedoc

I think your turn signal modual is failed on one side this is the unit that makes them flash,under seat anyway ,I have swiched wires from one side to other to test the whole circuit for proper working ,you could just plug the TSM in to a friends bike and see if it acts the same
Keep your feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked