May 01, 2024, 07:41:19 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

03 Ultra 95" build, tuning and compression questions

Started by flht99b, November 04, 2008, 05:57:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flht99b

In 3 weeks I'll be tearing into my '03 Ultra to install a HD 95" big bore kit ( cast flat top pistons ), Andrews TW26A cams, '06 heads with a street performance valve job AND .020" milled off, Cometic .030" head gaskets and HD perfect fit -.030" pushrods. Bike currently has an HD stage 1 download in ECM, S&S SPO mufflers ( standard baffle ), Air Scream air cleaner assembly ( similiar to SE and Big Sucker ) and a PC III usb.
I do not know the exact CC of the heads after the .020" cut but assume they are in the 82 to 83CC range which should equate to a 9.3 to 9.5 static compression ratio based on the new 95" pistons being about .005 down in the cylinder.  Just guessing now until I have bike apart.
My questions are:
1. Have I built in too much compression for the Andrews TW26A cams by removing .020" from heads ?? Would I be better off with a Cometic .040" head gasket ??
2. Should I have bike tuned with the PC III usb and the original stage 1 ECM download OR, have a stage 2 ECM download done and then fine tune with the PC III usb.
3. I have 2 - stage 2 Touring 1550cc ECM download cartidges, one is P/N 32846-02B and the other is P/N 32846-02A. Does anyone know the difference between the 2 maps and if so, what would be the better one to start with assuming I have the ECM reflashed ??
Primary use of bike is 1 and 2 up in the hills of eastern TN.
TIA for any and all help.
Ed M.

kingvvk

The B stage 2 download is a tad richer. I would use that and you probably will be good to go without a PC111. 9.5 is about max you want to go with a 26 but you should be fine. You can always add the PC111 later if you need a fine tune tweek. LOL.