May 09, 2024, 06:28:07 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Harley Davidson Sreamin Eagle mufflers

Started by HroadhogD1, January 10, 2009, 09:43:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HroadhogD1

I have found a set of mufflers reasonably priced, but they are for a big bore 103, he tells me they aren't recommended for a stock 96".  My question is why are they not recommended for a 96" motor-is it back pressure?   The mufflers are part number 66012-06A, and 66077-06A.  Tell me your thoughts.  Thank you.     Al

02roadcling

02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

Milehog

Proud IBA member

dartman

They are OEM mufflers from an 06-08 SE CVO bike, they have cat convertors to meet epa spec;s, if you are a little mechanically inclined Full Sac makes a replacement baffle in 1.75- 2.00- and 2.25 that will turn them into a great looking good sounding Performance mufflers for far less then an aftermarket set would cost.

HroadhogD1

Well, $70.00 is what I can get them for.  What would it take to remove the cat converter? 

HV

I had a customer buy the same ones...and he cut the Cat out... they still sounded stock ...
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

JohnC

OK, so they have a catalytic converter in them.  Why does that make them junk?  If they are free-flowing, add a deeper sound without going overboard on noise, and improve performance of the engine, what else do you need to ask for?
JohnC - Kechi, KS

HroadhogD1

I would hope for something better than stock sound, maybe I will look at something else.

Phu Cat

'Hog, Hooker 'Tuned Flow" mufflers allow you to adjsust the baffle to bypass the muffler or send the exhaust completely thru it.  And adjustablity is easy.

PC
Too much horsepower is almost enough.

HroadhogD1

jazzman713

dartman

January 11, 2009, 08:22:52 AM #11 Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 08:33:47 AM by dartman
[quotehttp: author=HroadhogD1 link=topic=4258.msg40468#msg40468 date=1231629191]
      Well, $70.00 is what I can get them for.  What would it take to remove the cat converter? 
[/quote]

If you dont want those mufflers hook me up with the owner, ill take them, baffle removal takes a few minutes you grind off the two spot welds and pop in the full sac replacement baffles, http://www.fullsac.com/

HroadhogD1

dartman

Thanks, nothing has come through yet, ill keep you posted