May 08, 2024, 10:37:53 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Bought new bike today and had to gloat

Started by taximan62, January 10, 2009, 01:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taximan62

2009 Ultra clasic Black Ice Pearl and Blue Ice Pearl.  Dealer is delivering to my house next Saturday!  Now have to wait 2 month for the snow to melt so I can try it out.

y2kflhr

got the same exact bike on dec 13th, I have 67 miles on it, I also have to wait about 2 months, enjoy it the little seat time I got was awesome.....

02roadcling

Congrats! At least you will have the time to properly pdi and readjust everything perfect  :up:
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

harleyjt

Congrats!!!!!  :up:
Set in in the garage on your lift, turn a box fan on in front of you and sit on the bike and make bike sounds......  Almost like riding!  LOL!!
jt
2017 Ultra Classic - Mysterious Red/Velocity Red

sandrooney

Load it up and take it to a warm place.
SR
Patience is such a waste of time .

Skullfork

Sounds like a nice color combination ...congrats and ride safe!!

Scotty

Quote from: taximan62 on January 10, 2009, 01:03:16 PM
2009 Ultra clasic Black Ice Pearl and Blue Ice Pearl.  Dealer is delivering to my house next Saturday!  Now have to wait 2 month for the snow to melt so I can try it out.

Yep pick my Black Ice/Blue Ice Ultra up on the 24th and it is summer here in OZ  :smiled:

Kansas

January 10, 2009, 02:39:20 PM #7 Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 02:41:07 PM by Kansas
Glad to hear the motor company is selling some units.  I am buying or ordering a Softy Deluxe within 30 days or so.  I figure it will save paying the taxes and insurance over the winter.  It isn't easy though.  Are dealers in your part of the world easing up on the hard ball pricing?  Mine offered to throw in the matching $750.00 MSRP saddle bags.  It's something.

Biscuit

By all means, gloat away.  Can't wait to s@@ it.
"I do all my own stunts".

RK101

Congrats, May you have many happy miles together. :up:
Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H

seattledyna

congrats!!

that is a very nice color combo!

I put some good miles on my 09RG today....you will be more than happy with yours after the weather breaks for you guys.

Dennis The Menace

Taximan, what a coincidence....now that you have a nice new bike that you cant break in until who knows when, I suddenly find myself with extra time to ride and break it in for you!  Let me know a convenient time for me to pick it up from you and we can schedule its return sometime in ....say, June or July?  Sound good?  lol

Seriously, congrats on the new ride.  I hope the weather breaks very soon so you can get the first 100 miles on her.  Ride safe and many years.

menace

Phu Cat

Congrats.  I now pronounce you man and scooter!

PC
Too much horsepower is almost enough.

iconicbikesrider

Congratulations on your new H-D. Happy for you and glad you were able to buy a new scooter. Congratulations on your "I pronounce man and scooter" thingy too. That was really funny...wait, it's not funny. It is a reality. I'm on the fence about getting an '09. Have an '04 RKC. You are brave my friend. Congrats again!
Riding Iconic motorcycles Made In USA.

Jeffd

Nothing wrong with being proud of your new toy.  If I could afford it I would be gloating too.

ironhorse432

superglidesport1

Quote from: ironhorse432 on January 11, 2009, 05:38:04 AM
Your gonna like it,congrat's :wwp:
Ironhorse,

I noticed the photo of your '09 SE FLTR. Beautiful bike. Nicest color combo in my opinion but I like yellow!

Local dealer has one that's been on the floor for a few months now. At $5K over MSRP it'll probably be there a while longer!!

You're known by the promises you keep. Not the promises you make!

taximan62

January 11, 2009, 09:37:08 AM #17 Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 10:05:00 AM by taximan62
I'll post some pics next weekend when I get it.  I think I got adecent deal though.  I traded in my 2001 Heritage with 69000 kms (43,000 miles) and they gave me $11,900 for it.  I got the pre December pricing for it as Harley canada raised the MSRP Dec 1 because our dollar has fallen to the US dollar, no longer at par.

Options:
Custom 2 tone paint black ice/blue pearl
ABS
Security
Colour Matched Inner Fairing
Coulour Matched trunk spoiler/led brake light

$27,389 cdn
-trade $11,900

plus no freight or PDI charge which is usually $600

Panzer

January 12, 2009, 05:26:18 PM #18 Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 06:01:35 PM by Panzer
Happy trails and many smiles ahead.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

y2kflhr

Quote from: taximan62 on January 11, 2009, 09:37:08 AM
I'll post some pics next weekend when I get it.  I think I got adecent deal though.  I traded in my 2001 Heritage with 69000 kms (43,000 miles) and they gave me $11,900 for it.  I got the pre December pricing for it as Harley canada raised the MSRP Dec 1 because our dollar has fallen to the US dollar, no longer at par.

Options:
Custom 2 tone paint black ice/blue pearl
ABS
Security
Colour Matched Inner Fairing
Coulour Matched trunk spoiler/led brake light

$27,389 cdn
-trade $11,900

plus no freight or PDI charge which is usually $600

Not sure how us dollar compares, mine is the same bike but without the security and the color matched stuff, abs and the only option was the luggage rack, I paid 22,300 +taxes

Dennis The Menace

My offer still stands....FREE break in rides.  lol

Sure hope the weather clears for ya next week so you can ride her as soon as she shows up.  Not sure what normal pricing is in CD, but given exchange rate I think you did pretty good.  I am also reading the economy isnt as bad up in Canada as it is here in USA.  So, looks like a good deal.

menace

Skeet

I know the feeling. Just had my New SE Road glide delivered a few weeks ago. I have been able to put about 50 miles on it. Sure looks good on the lift sippin' on a brew watchin the (insert preference) game on TV in the shop dreaming about whats next! I love America!
2009 FLTR SE3