May 09, 2024, 05:09:24 AM

News:

voes

Started by 94sporty, August 25, 2011, 08:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94sporty

i have a 1994 sportster 1200. i have the datonta tech ignition nose cone. there are 2 lights on there one is red which comes on at top dead center every time and the other green one for the voes. i just put a new canb on (mukuni) and went to start it and no green light. it seems to run good but was wondering if its needed. thanks

turboprop

The VOES wire off the ignition module must be either grounded or connected to the VOES switch. Also, read the instructions very carefully for setting the base timing. Long story short is the VOES lead must be grounded when setting the timing.

And that green light comes on when the VOES switch is closed.

Seeing as your bike is pretty light, it will probably run just fine without the VOES hooked up but unless that lead is grounded the ignition timing will not be correct and performance will suffer.

'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

94sporty

well unpluged the voes and caped it off on the carb and been runnin it the past couple days. it seems to be runnin good. when cold idles good but when hot and comin to a stop light it will idle high for about 6 sec. then back down to normal. could that be from takin the voes off.