May 08, 2024, 04:48:40 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Shovel to Twinkie

Started by hawkeyewffw, August 30, 2011, 07:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkeyewffw

Hey from South Dakota. I finally gave in and got my first post shovelhead bike, 2008 FLHR. Still love my shovel, but wow i'm impressed! Looking forward to checking out the forum for info......

War Horse

Welcome to the site, congrats on the new bike...
A clear conscience is the sign of a fuzzy memory

HV

Welcome to HTT ...I still have my Shovel too but I love my 2010 RG  :up:
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

76shuvlinoff

Welcome, 76 FLH here. I  bought my first new bike ever in 09. Still riding the shovel as much as I can.

:up:
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

panjs

Welcome hawkeyewffw. New or old they all seem to have their particular quirks.
Enjoy

tracerbob

Welcome aboard.  I did the same thing.  The big things I like is the 6 speed tranny,criuse control and I hate to say it.....the "easy button" to start it.  One thing I'm still getting used to is brakes that really work.  First time I really had to clamp down on the brakes I about put myself over the bars.

dablaze

Welcome! Went the same path, I went from my 1974 Shovel to a 2006 FLXH. The Street Glide has only been out a couple of times this year though, I still ride the Shovel unless going on longer rides.

Craig
Second Shift Cycle