May 09, 2024, 12:24:49 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

OT Cool Junk Yard Pic

Started by hdpegscraper, January 11, 2009, 06:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hdpegscraper

I ran across this pic i have of a junk yard in MN from 10 years ago. I wonder how big it is now?

04customking

That is a cool pic. I wonder what else they have there still. I'd love to roam around in that one.
Jim  '54 FL Pan. '04 RK Custom

Kansas

Years ago I had a 1955 Ford Crown Victoria glass top that was the worse for wear.  There used to be a huge wrecking yard south of town that had a couple steel top Crown Victorias that I bought some interior trim pieces from. There were several 1955's. I used to love roaming around there.  Your photo reminds me of that yard.

Glenn W

very rare car-I believe that's the only year to run oak heads and 7-limb intake runners :wink:
(cool photo)
"Give your bike a Woody" www.woodysfairings.com

hdpegscraper

Some dont understand it, but Ive always enjoyed wandering around in old car junk yards.  So much cool old stuff, maybe I just need more hobbies.

Princess Butt

There's a junkyard like that about an hour from here. I've not been there in ten years, but they had all kinds of cars with trees growing up thru them.

I wonder if they still have the trash truck, full of trash. Talk about something stinky in the summer!

I used to love to roam old junkyards. Unfortunately, this isn't on my wife's agenda.

BnEUC
Shiny side up, rubber side down.

Burch

Cool pic! I always think when I see something like this that that vehicle was somebodys "pride and joy" at one point in time...funny how things happen!

Burch
Burch

Sonny S.

Quote from: hdpegscraper on January 11, 2009, 01:53:20 PM
Some dont understand it, but Ive always enjoyed wandering around in old car junk yards.  So much cool old stuff, maybe I just need more hobbies.

If we had to explain it they wouldn't understand  :wink:

Richard Till

Oldsmobile i`m sure of but what model is it?  I`m guessing about a 1960 model.

harleyjt

Quote from: Richard Till on January 11, 2009, 09:45:35 PM
Oldsmobile i`m sure of but what model is it?  I`m guessing about a 1960 model.

Its a 1961 Olds and a 1957 Olds sitting next to it.
jt
2017 Ultra Classic - Mysterious Red/Velocity Red

seattledyna

uncle told me a story once about a guy that wanted a model A with a tree growing thru it, the old farmer told the guy he could have the car for free...but dont damage the tree!!

Biscuit

"I do all my own stunts".

88b

The days of junk yards like that in England are long gone. Too much political BS about polution etc. now they have to have sumps to catch oil and anti freeze.

Rags722

Forget the Old's with the tree and the one next to it........ My heart got going when I spotted the next two cars in the line.
Rags

Ultrashovel

January 13, 2009, 08:40:47 AM #14 Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 08:43:01 AM by Ultrashovel
The old-style Mom and Pop style "junk yards" have either upgraded to modern "wrecking and Recycling Centers" or they are going out of business. They are a big problem to clean up, too. The ground is full of grease, oil, metal scraps, nuts, bolts, lead and other heavy metals, acids and miscellaneous hazards.

I remember with great fondness searching for parts in the old style yards. It was sure fun.

truck

Quote from: Ultrashovel on January 13, 2009, 08:40:47 AM
The old-style Mom and Pop style "junk yards" have either upgraded to modern "wrecking and Recycling Centers" or they are going out of business. They are a big problem to clean up, too. The ground is full of grease, oil, metal scraps, nuts, bolts, lead and other heavy metals, acids and miscellaneous hazards.

I remember with great fondness searching for parts in the old style yards. It was sure fun.

Except for the wasps that were always stinging you! :teeth:
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

The Beave

pegscraper

Is that a pic of Shadyhill ?

Rusty Steel

I use to love walking through old junk yards looking for special and not so special parts. The last few times I had to almost twist there arm to let me do so, they said it’s a big insurance liability thing.
If it ain't broke... Fix it until it is.

hdpegscraper

Windy Hill (or Windy Shell)? No, but it is right around the Spicer, New London area. I forget the actual name, Ive alwys called it "Harlen's", as he runs an old Snowmobile, & Dirt bike/ Street bike salvage yard right next door.  Sadly, when scrap prices went way up, alot of stuff got haled in.