May 02, 2024, 03:26:48 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Chrome inner primary

Started by x52gnr, November 04, 2008, 07:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

x52gnr

Has anyone ever replaced the inner primary with the Harley chrome version? I have the Kuryaken covers now and since I am going to remove the inner primary to change the front belt pully I might go for it. I wonder if heat dissipation would be better getting rid of the Kuryaken covers.....Thoughts anyone?
2012 Heritage Softail
2008 Gl1800 (Gold Wing) Airbagger

kingvvk

I have one on my bike. Very nice chrome job and no heat issues. Comes with all seals and bearing installed. East to install.

Arrowsmit

I recently installed a chrome inner while replacing a broken drive belt. Installation wasn't bad at all w/the service manual & tips from HTT. I like the real deal much better'n the cheesy covers...

VicW.

les

I did mine that way...could not bring myself not to go "real" chrome while I had it off.  I always mention that to anyone I do a job for that requires taking off the inner primary.

bigjon460

might be faster if you lose the weight from those covers ;D

I used the H/D version no issues and good chrome but while I was in there I installed the baker bearing on the trans shaft and removed the pressed on race
Bigjon

HDSlowride

I replaced my inner with the H-D chrome unit (ordered from Zanotti's) when I had to replace the POS shifter shaft seal on my dresser. Piece of cake. Doubt if there is any difference in heat....I'm just not a fan of covers.
'07 Ultra Classic