April 27, 2024, 10:00:06 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

new updates

Started by 53Pan66shovel, January 11, 2009, 12:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

53Pan66shovel

ordered an andrews j cam new push rods new rings gaskets everything seems when i took the motor to the bike shop to get everything helicoiled the guy told me to take the oil pump off so i did turns out the the jackass i had drill the hole put the wrong gaskets on also on the side when the oil comes out and drips into the cam cover was blocked with an allen wrench type plug so we did a check on all the oil passage ways and got the oiling straightend out guess that might have had alot to do with all my oil problems

MBSKEAM

do have a service manual?

like this one...

you need this, it will help

mbskeam
http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a96/mbskeam/
You Can Have It All,MyEmpireOfDirt

Pzokes

You should probably download the manual for the S&S oil pump, that is on your motor, from the S&S website.
There's miles to go before I sleep.

53Pan66shovel

ya i have that manual and also just bought the clymer one also and i did download the manual for the oil pump i think i got everything strait now

stroker800

This is why I have my motor guy do all my lower ends,,,he has a lot of experience routing  and re routing oil passages...Thank good he keeps jounals on all the motors he builds ,,,,so 10 yrs down the road he can reference changes he has made...Lets face it,,,, anyone can assemble a motor,,, BUT to have it correct for your application is a different story. Good luck with the rebuild,,,hope to hear you are breaking it in and all is good.
Dave

53Pan66shovel

got the motor back in the frame last night hooked everything up so far so good my timing is a little retareded but ill fix that today that cam sounds really good no oil leaks (SO FAR) everything is good finally back on the road