May 08, 2024, 09:00:09 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Harley going watercooled in 2010?

Started by Hellraiser, January 12, 2009, 02:47:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaryD

Back about 4/5 years ago I was on a discussion group (paid) talking about watercooling Harleys. They had an Ultra there with a V-Rod engine in it :up:. It really wasn't that noticeable. I would bet that not one non Harley riding person would even know it wasn't a normal Harley engine. Half our group (older guys) said if Harley ever went watercooled they would never buy another Harley, younger participants said they liked it and would buy one.
So after that meeting, I came away with the image that Harley will eventually go with watercooling in some form. :cry:
AMA Life Mbr.
USMC VietNam 66-67 3rd Tnk. Bat

Shadowdog

Good morning Folks,

Harley has a lot mor experience with water cooling than most people realize: http://big-diesel.blogspot.com/2007/09/nova-harley-davidson-which-was-never.html

Best,

Shadowdog
Best to all,

Shadowdog  Smoke um till the wheels fall off!

Flat Dog

Mr Deninger from Hippo's link forgot to mention the Teamsters. I can remember striking truckers chucking cement blocks at my Mom and I in PA from an overpass on the way to school. They were trying to hit a 'scab', but almost crushed me...screw Rodney King. A PO'd trucker is much more dangerous...