April 26, 2024, 11:28:50 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Blast Woes

Started by Spade115, September 19, 2011, 10:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spade115

Howdy :D

Currently I own a 2006 blast, I have owned it for a year and this is (I Guess) the story of my blast.

I picked up the blast with 5005 miles on it black and completely stock. The previous owner said he had never dropped it and I saw a few things to show it was dropped. Picked up the bike for 2500 because I have always liked single's. I rode it home with no problems and it has done well for the way I ride. It does 75 mpg maybe a little better will do 2 up and have had it at 70 when I ride two up and 80 when I ride solo.

I had started having trouble having it staying on and found a wire had been poked at on the side so I cut the wire and added more wire to remidy the problem. After that was having a problem of it running and shutting off on me on occasion I couldnt figure it out until I stripped the bike down and found the ground cable loose.

Fixed that and ran like a top.

Recently I put super in my tank (93 I believe) and was doing 80 to one of the campuses to leave materials (I Work for a district) and the bike shut off on me. Pulled over and turned the key to the off position and then on, let it reset and it fired up once I gave it gas it died. Ran only when holding in the clutch and giving it tons of throttle would it move but after a bit it would die. Managed to get out from the sun and out of the way of traffic to a near by gas station (across the expressway underpass) and tore it down and searched previous problems Ed (ezblast) has been a big help and I have gone through a lot of the bike. I know its not the clutch safety because I flipped the diode and cut the wires from the kickstand and connected them together. Changed the boot and that wasnt it so now I have a new boot (will put the old one back on and save the new one under the seat incase of emergencies.

I have charged my battery but it sounds like it does not want to crank over have had it tested and it checks ok but I figure it might be that (hopefully really) I have read on one of two that the battery checks out fine but it wont hold enough charge to start it. It is the original battery from when it came out.

I am wondering if anyone has any more ideas to check incase the battery really is good.

thank you
Spade115

panhead_dan

I would start with a new, fully charged battery. That OEM '06 battery has been good to you but it's overdue for replacement.

Spade115

I got a message from a buddy who says it might be a vent line. The battery shows up good when i take it.  :banghead:

Spade115

Just thought I would update this.

Found a messed up cable on the kickstand i guess previous owner wrecked it more then i was told I bipassed both "Safetys" on it and bike runs great, now its running no signals, one mirror, no skin and 3 inch stack, short pipe. people hate it, I love it.