May 09, 2024, 01:09:18 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

hello and help

Started by 80ironsled, September 20, 2011, 02:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

80ironsled

Hi everyone, I am new here. I ride a 1980 ironhead xl. I love this little bike but need some help. yesterday my oil light came on. I pulled over and shut her off. checked for oil, leaks ect... nothing found. So I fired her back up with my hand on the kill switch. she sounded normal. So I carefully got her home with an ear for any strange noises. when I got home I shut her back off and broke out the harley tech manual.  I checked the circuit and it tested good so i assumed that I should replace the sensor.  Well I replaced the sensor and guess what. yep you guessed it the light stayed on. grrrrr so I started reading again and saw that I needed about 4 psi okay, go buy a guage so i found one at the local harley dealer. installed it and it read a big fat zero. argggggh. Now what? my bike is not making abnormal sounds but with no pressure I don't want to chance it.  Then to top it all off my starter went out. It turns over but the bendix does not kick out to enguage so I have to replace that now. sigh  I would really like some help please. I feel like this :emoGroan:
thanks in advance.

HogBag

Panzer

Welcome to HTT 80,
I see that you posted the problem.
Now, look for the feed back. 
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.