May 02, 2024, 02:49:12 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

How do you Mount Your Solo Seat (rear section) .... ?

Started by JamLazyAss, January 12, 2009, 08:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamLazyAss

What exactly are you guys welding to the frame?
I know there are mount kits available.
Some might weld bolts, then securing the spring with a nut.

I've been thinking about getting a couple of trailer hitch pins. Shorten them, weld em on, and use that pin to secuse the springs.

Any thoughts?
What are you using?
I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

Erichill

I've just mounted a solo seat for my wife's bobber.  I too two 3/8" threaded connectors used to connect 3/8" all thread from Home Depot and drilled holes in my cross brace to inset the connectors. Once I had teh angle right for the seat, I removed all but about 1/4 above the frame and welded them in.  I bolted the springs down to help reduce the side to side motion you get with these seats.
Eric

moose

Moose aka Glenn-

CraigArizona85248

My frame has two tabs welded to the cross member above the oil tank and the top rear frame rails.  These are drilled 3/8".  I then found two 3/8" pins that were threaded on one end and smooth on the other.  They were already drilled for pins at the end of the smooth side.  The non-threaded end is about 1-1/4" so I slip a 1" thick black rubber stopper (drilled a 3/8" hole in the middle) over them.  Helps raise the back of the seat up just a little without using the long wobbly springs.  I just slip the spring over the end.  I used to use clevis pins to secure it, but they aren't necessary.  The seat isn't going anywhere with my fat carcus on it.  LOL