May 09, 2024, 10:46:14 AM

News:

Computer experts

Started by Phu Cat, January 12, 2009, 02:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phu Cat

Ma is trying to send her resume to someone and it was sent as an attachment.  After checking "sent" mail, it showed hieroglyphic looking characters instead of letters.  Did the other person get the unintelligible resume, or did they get a readable one?  What do I need to do so this doesn't happen again?  Thanks for your help,  PC
Too much horsepower is almost enough.

tinkerman

Was the resume put together on the computer that was used to email it? If so then I can't suggest anything.

But if it was put together on another machine with new processing software then any machine with older software may have trouble opening the file. Usually newer version software can utilize older file types of the same software but the reverse is not always true.

Hope the problem is as simple as this. If this is the case you can usually save the new file in the new software as an older file type which will fix the problem.

Clear as mud??

Tink
Living on a rock out in the North Atlantic, HTT member since 8/1/2003

HIPPO

Copy and paste into a Word doc. You see what it will look like and have a chance to delete weird HTML tags if they show. There even is a program to clean them up automatically. I never needed it but Garf has a link to it.

Mail as attachment. The recipient will see the exact same as you do.

If you don't have MSOffice, get Open Office.