May 09, 2024, 12:04:26 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Noah's Ark 2009

Started by HIPPO, January 12, 2009, 04:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faast Ed

≡Faast Ed>

Reddog74usa

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Bigs

Pretty good. I like that.
  Bigs

Phu Cat

Dead on, Hippo.  Everything the gov't gets involved in winds up worse than before they started.

PC
Too much horsepower is almost enough.

Rusty Steel

Yep, that's a good one. :teeth:

That goes right along with everything else going on in our country right now. :dgust:
If it ain't broke... Fix it until it is.

HDRDR

Peacekeeper45

ViennaHog

My company is going through permitting process for a major pollution control system that will substantially reduce emissions from one of our large plants. We need to evaluate the current condition of the environment using high paid consulting firms (conditions is fairly good), simulate the impact of our proposed project (will improve something already pretty good) by using high paid consulting firms, consolidate all of the at government review (they use high paid consulting firms ), the we will have to do a road show (using high paid consulting firms) and then get the final approval. This will take about 3 years from idea to permit and in the mean time the existing equipment will continue to pollute.
We probably pay 15-20% of the total project cost (double digit million $) for permitting of a project that will improve the environmental impact of our operation which would be painfully obvious to a 6th grader if asked. Why? Because nobody has the balls to decide for the even painfully obvious solution without consultants.
Rant over and we return to our regular programming.

Hippo, thanks for the laughs, I needed that as I am heavily involved in this project.

fxrl

x snoman