April 30, 2024, 03:51:19 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

1963 Pan Head Circuit Breaker

Started by Globetrotter, September 28, 2011, 07:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Globetrotter

I am new to this site as such you consider my question very basic so here goes. I have a 1963 Pan running as original 6V and would like to convert the mechanical points to a Quick Start 2000 Electronic system. Quick Start states their system only works on single point system and as you know the 63 is dual points. Now the question, do I have replace the current cct breaker to covert to single point. If I have to pull the cct breaker then it means pulling the motor from the frame, heads off. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

CraigArizona85248

I don't know if you can use the E2000 with your current circuit breaker.  I'll bet the E2000 manufacturer can answer that with certainty.  But you don't need to pull the motor to remove the front head.  There is plenty of room to get the head out (either front or rear) with the motor in the frame.

And welcome to HTT!

-Craig

Globetrotter

Thanks for the input, Quick Start states on their website will only work on single point systems. Appreciate the input on removing the head in frame, that sounds like the process to get the bike to a single point set up.  Thanks -- Russ

panz4ever

You should be able to get the timer out without having to remove the heads. Disassemble to the point where the only component is the base and shaft and it will come out w/o taking the head off.

CraigArizona85248

^^^^ I thought that was the case.  It's been so many years since I ran a standard timer that I didn't want to speak with low confidence.

-Craig

Globetrotter

Appreciate the updated info, sounds like this will be easier when I decided to tackle the job. I have this 63 which is a good runner. I have a 59 on my rack, a basket case I purchased a year ago, this will take my attention this winter and hope I can complete and get running by spring. Thank you for your input -- Russ