May 09, 2024, 10:32:47 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

softail deluxe vs. heritage

Started by afghanlander, January 12, 2009, 07:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afghanlander

What are the differences between softail deluxe and heritage??  Which will fit a 5'8" rider better??  Pros and cons of either?? :crook:

apes

I think the frame is the same, the Deluxe was setup however for shorter people so I suspect the seat will be a tad lower and will move you foreward a bit but as far as  performance, I believe  the mechnics are basically the same.  With out the windshield the Deluxe will feel more nimble, at least that is the way my Heritage feels with it removed.  With the windshield installed it feels like I am pushing a brick.  You just have to find a couple to go sit on...

Six Blues

The Deluxe has the lowest seat height in the Harley lineup, but at 5'8", either one should be OK. The Deluxe has a slightly more retro look with the whitewalls, speedo design, and tombstone tail light. If your dealer has rentals, it is always a good idea to try one before you decide.

Kansas

I am 5'7" and test rode an 08' Deluxe and last summer an 09' Heritage when the H-D demo trailer came through.  I was equally at home on both of them.  The Heritage comes with bags and a windshield making it the better bargain IMO. It also comes with studs and conchos that just are not me.  Maybe somebody else but not for me.  I am buying a Deluxe.

tomcat64

replace the shocks on the heritage with low profile shocks and you will be at the same seat height as the deluxe.

heritage is a beter deal money wise as there is more factory goodies (wshield, brest) but the deluxe is a little more,,, welll ,,, you know,,,deluxe...LOL

t-c

fatboydan

:idea: you know, HARLEY DAVIDSON has a website and you can compare any 2 bikes of your choosing and almost see it for yourself BEFORE you go to a dealer and look at the bike/bikes that interest you  :potstir:

:smilep:  :smilep:  :smilep:  :smilep:

If you can't read this,you're Illiterate

nome

add the cost of bags light bar a wind shield to the deluxe while your thinkin.  However, you should never be too practical when choosing a Harley~~nome

stroker800

Iknow in the Evos days the fatboy had the lowest ride height,,,many women had perfered them to the sportys.
Dave