May 01, 2024, 10:30:33 PM

News:

electronic ignition,

Started by Ironman, January 13, 2009, 05:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironman

..has anyone tried the ebeyond2000 set up ?  I like the idea of it fitting into the stock points housing and being able to re install the points & condenser if need be.
  What do you guys think ?  Pros / Cons ?            ...Ironman
http://www.ebeyond2000.net/quickstart.html 

CraigArizona85248

Hey MBSKEAM, don't you run a ebeyond2000?
I've heard good stuff about them but no first hand experience with one.

-Craig

jack6253

I just installed one in my 48 in the fall. Easy install and works great! Bike much easer to start and runs much smoother now.
                  Jack

panz4ever

I too am thinking about going that route on my 49 project. Jack, are there additional wires? Any problems as far the 32e generator and relay? If you get the chance could you post a pic?

ohio-rider

January 13, 2009, 09:34:24 AM #4 Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 09:43:20 AM by ohio-rider
I've been using one for the past 3 seasons. I also think my engine runs alot smoother with it. I can't say it makes starting any easier though. Installing one also allows you to use a hotter coil. I haven't done that yet.  :up:
All in all it's close to the best money I've spent on the panhead.

You do need to run a hot wire from the ignition down to the units sensor inside the timer, but that about it. I didn't even have to reset my timing.

stroker800

I think the price is a little high,,,I just bought a similar conversion for my Karrman Ghia for under $40.00...Are the points set up for the distributor same as a chevy?....I would try too fnd a cross reference and order a similar unit to what I have. I have to admit I went to single fire on my pan due to the fact its a kicker only and I had no distributor on hand.
Dave

MBSKEAM

yes I have,
but went back to points
it worked okay,
going to pull the (insert what ever you want to call it here) :smile: and rebuild it

mbskeam
http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a96/mbskeam/
You Can Have It All,MyEmpireOfDirt

04customking

Quote from: MBSKEAM on January 18, 2009, 12:15:41 PM
yes I have,
but went back to points
it worked okay,
going to pull the (insert what ever you want to call it here) :smile: and rebuild it

mbskeam

:potstir: :up:
Jim  '54 FL Pan. '04 RK Custom