May 02, 2024, 10:39:30 AM

News:

sifton cam opinion ?

Started by LilBill, January 13, 2009, 11:33:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilBill

anybody have any experience/advice with a 412 sifton ? good, bad, ugly ? thinking about useing one in a 80" kick only.

stroker800

S ifton has been bought by an overseas company,,,myself I would buy a "chaiwanese" motor part. Stick with Andrews or Woods........the thought for the day.
Dave

LilBill

mines a "real" one from back in the day. it's actually a panhead cam but it will fit in my 67 shovel.

gryphon

I ran a 412 many years ago. Can't say I remember much about it but , it was a very popular cam at one time.

shovelbill

January 13, 2009, 09:21:32 PM #4 Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 09:25:28 PM by shovelbill
Stroker, i heard the same thing but check this out. found it in cyberspace, surprised me........

"Black Widow Cams possesses all the original Harmon & Collins roller masters along with the original Tom Sifton master cam collection and machines." 

read here:   http://www.blackwidowcams.com/index.shtml.
build it, bust it.....figure out why

Hillside Motorcycle

Sifton .412's were a real ripper, in their day. Tedd's Cycle destroyed that name. Tom Sifton is probably rolling over in his grave............
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

one78shovel

I have the Sifton 412 in my 80" (count the jug fins) 78 Superglide. A whille back one of my lifters imploded and sent junk thru the gear train. Only hit I took was shearing of my oil pump drive shaft key. The cam and pinion not a sctatch. Now, getting that oil pump drive gear on the shaft and slotted to key is a beatch.  :cry:

178S